I searched and didnt find anything.
I'm about to put my BC Rich on EBay and I'm not sure how much to charge for shipping or how to go about shipping the guitar once it sells. The closest post office was no help with information and I'm a freshie in college, so I have no car to drive to a UPS store or something similar. Does anyone have experience with shipping a guitar? I'll probably ship it in the case (White coffin case ((lame, I know))). How should I pack it, protect it, insure it(?) etc. Thanks!
Well, shipping it in a case is a good start. You'll want another box still to put the case in. I wouldn't recommend just shipping the case (regardless if it locks or not). If you can't buy bubble wrap or packing foam, crumpled newspapers work quite well. Line the box with packing material, put the case in, then fill as much of the empty space as you can with further packing material. The idea is to prevent the case/guitar from sliding around in the box if it's moved. Label the contents as Fragile. Liberally apply packing tape, and done!

Definitely insure it. UPS automatically insures packages for $100USD. More (in increments of $100) will cost more, of course. I don't recall how much it is for USPS to insure. I trust UPS more than I trust either USPS or FedEx. Measure the outside dimensions of the package, and try to weigh it if you can get hold of a scale (if the package is too light to register on say a bathroom scale, weigh yourself first, then weigh yourself while holding the package, then note the difference, and round up for good measure).

If you can't drive anywhere, call UPS or FedEx and they may be able to do a pickup from you as well. I don't know if that costs anything extra though, so be sure to ask.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
Well, shipping it in a case is a good start. You'll want another box still to put the case in. I wouldn't recommend just shipping the case (regardless if it locks or not). If you can't buy bubble wrap or packing foam, crumpled newspapers work quite well. Line the box with packing material, put the case in, then fill as much of the empty space as you can with further packing material. The idea is to prevent the case/guitar from sliding around in the box if it's moved. Label the contents as Fragile. Liberally apply packing tape, and done!

Definitely insure it. UPS automatically insures packages for $100USD. More (in increments of $100) will cost more, of course. I don't recall how much it is for USPS to insure. I trust UPS more than I trust either USPS or FedEx. Measure the outside dimensions of the package, and try to weigh it if you can get hold of a scale (if the package is too light to register on say a bathroom scale, weigh yourself first, then weigh yourself while holding the package, then note the difference, and round up for good measure).

If you can't drive anywhere, call UPS or FedEx and they may be able to do a pickup from you as well. I don't know if that costs anything extra though, so be sure to ask.

Thanks! That's what I figured. So it's $100 to insure it? How much would you say for the actual shipping?
Quote by saxaxe
Thanks! That's what I figured. So it's $100 to insure it? How much would you say for the actual shipping?

What I meant is UPS automatically insures the package for $100 for no added cost to you. If you want to insure it for more than $100, then it costs a little extra, like a couple bucks per $100 of insurance. I don't recall the exact amount, but they could tell you. Actual shipping cost would depend on the weight, size, and destination.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
What I meant is UPS automatically insures the package for $100 for no added cost to you. If you want to insure it for more than $100, then it costs a little extra, like a couple bucks per $100 of insurance. I don't recall the exact amount, but they could tell you. Actual shipping cost would depend on the weight, size, and destination.

oh oh ok haha. I misread. mah bad. What's like...normal price for shipping a guitar sized/weight thing?
It really depends on how far you need to send it. You can go here and it'll give you an estimate on how much it'd cost. I'd think it would be pretty pricey for something the size and weight of a guitar + case.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.