Hello!
I'm building a custom guitar and I'm planning to put a floy rose tremolo on it. the thickness of the body is only 40mm. Is it possible to fit a floyd rose tremolo regarding the thickness of the body?

Greetings Martin
Check out how large the sustain block on the Floyd is, you might not be able to put the back cover on.
Thx but the back cover isn't realy a problem, most important that I am able to use it as normal and that the trem claw is not pointing out through the body.
And with the ibanez S i think they are using their own version of the floyd rose and it may be a little shorter.
I believe an OFR has a 37 mm sustain block - it would be pretty tight and i dunno if you could actually use the bridge without it coming proud of the body.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes I've also been thinking about that. What about the FLP then?. I've heard the sustain block is smaler or at least shorter than the orginal version
Quote by Horlicks
Ibanez S guitars are pretty thin so I think it will still work

S uses ZR trems though so I'm not sure how it is on floyds.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
You may need to go non recessed, but if you can get a Floyd on an SG, you can get one on anything.
Quote by shredforbread33
S uses ZR trems though so I'm not sure how it is on floyds.

That's one thing, and another thing is- the S isn't as thin as people love to say.. It's carved hella thin towards the edges, but the center is plenty thick.
Aren't Edge III direct swap for OFR? If so:
Get someone with edge 3 guitar (there are lots round here) to measure the thickness
If it is less or equal to 40 it will work

Something tells me this is a stupid plan...
40mm? Isn't that rather thin for a guitar? What is it, a Blackmachine?

I'm not sure on the minimum body size for a floyd, sorry.
A floyd rose pro should work better because the trem block isn't as tall as a regular floyd. I have an OFR on a Ibanez JEM body (recessed cavity) and it fits ALMOST perfectly. The block hits the trem cover but I just loosen the screws on the covers and works fine.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah