I'm kicking around the idea of building a small high gain amp for recording. Can anyone ballpark the materials I would need and the cost of materials to build something like a 112 high gain tube amp?

Thanx in advance
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
The cost of it will be much larger than just buying an amp that fits your description. also if this is your first time to make a tube amp, then you will probably harm yourself.
Fryed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
It depends entirely on the quality of the parts; the wattage; and the complexity/features.
well first you should get an engineering degree from a good college....after that head to an electronics store
Quote by keltonhicks
The cost of it will be much larger than just buying an amp that fits your description. also if this is your first time to make a tube amp, then you will probably harm yourself.
Fryed.

or you could just sit on a wooden chair?
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by AngerIsAGift06

If you're serious, you need to be punched in the head.
Quote by AngerIsAGift06

Quote by mr_hankey
If you're serious, you need to be punched in the head.

Hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
well it all depends on what you mean by high gain? there are a few amps you could build that can get you some serious gain. check out the guys at 18watt.com they can tell ya. certain places sell kits that you can build with all the parts needed for a decent price. anywhere from $400 and up but I will say that you should do your research and make sure you know what you are doing. You could do some serious damage to yourself if you arent educated enough. you should be able to read schematics and layouts very well and have a good knowledge of electronics before starting anything like that. I am about to build myself an 18watt amp but i still have some more research and learning to do first before i dive in.
Modded Valve Jr + High gain pedal = something that fits your needs, perhaps?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!