Ive been dying to have a bash at making my own "signature" guitar and decided to go ahead, i dont want to be spending too much cash (around >300 for the guitar, paint, stencils, pickups new bridge ect) what would be a good cheap guitar to start off with as I dont have the tools or expeirience to make my own from scratch.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
A used Squier. If you can get a good player they can be had cheap and make nice first project guitars.
Quote by CJRocker
A used Squier. If you can get a good player they can be had cheap and make nice first project guitars.

+1. I'm gonna mod mine this summer, gonna replace the electronics/trem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
what about the epiphone G310????

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
also ive been looking at kits and make your own guitar sets, has anyone had expeirience with one?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
what about the epiphone G310????

It's just bad quality wood, plus the neck has a different neck joint than fender-style, so if the neck is bad (like it is on mine) you have to build a whole new neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.