Page 1 of 4
Never had one before, partly because I'm afraid I might get something from a stranger, say STD or a child, and because no one offers

Though I love sex, I never want it to be just meaningless sex. Call me idealistic but I don't think I'll enjoy a man I will never see again touching me. There are people, I am aware, who don't mind one night stands, it just makes me wonder:

Do people still value the act of sex?

But then again, I've never had a one night stand, nor have I ever had those intercourses where you can say you "made love". It was all just plain sex, so who am I to talk eh?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
They are cool until you see the girl in public again and you have that awkward moment where you both pretend like you have never met each other before.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
My brain says no, but my penis says yes. And one of them is big enough to slap my in my face if I disagree with it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
To be honest, I know where you're coming from in both senses that 1. STIs = oh dear and 2. I couldn't have just ANYBODY all over me.

I suppose I could probably have something casual with somebody I like and have fun with, feel comfortable with, but otherwise it's just not my thing. Been offered and I just.... don't think I could.

It seems like sex is less meaningful, but I think a lot of people still worry about it and make it a big deal, which is how I prefer it hah.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
You seem to talk of sex in terms of it's emotional value as opposed to anything else, so naturally, for you, one night stands wouldn't be your thing.

Sex, to me, is a fun and necessary part of life whether you're in a relationship or not. So for me one night stands are a good thing and in, some respects, essential.

As for the STD fear, just use protection.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Quote by kikaykitko
Never had one before, partly because I'm afraid I might get something from a stranger, say STD or a child, and because no one offers

Though I love sex, I never want it to be just meaningless sex. Call me idealistic but I don't think I'll enjoy a man I will never see again touching me. There are people, I am aware, who don't mind one night stands, it just makes me wonder:

But then again, I've never had a one night stand, nor have I ever had those intercourses where you can say you "made love". It was all just plain sex, so who am I to talk eh?

No offense and I don't intend to lend anything decent to this conversation but...
Your user title seems awfully appropriate to this thread...
-runs-
Quote by Heid
You seem to talk of sex in terms of it's emotional value as opposed to anything else, so naturally, for you, one night stands wouldn't be your thing.

Sex, to me, is a fun and necessary part of life whether you're in a relationship or not. So for me one night stands are a good thing and in, some respects, essential.

As for the STD fear, just use protection.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I mean I find sex as a fun thing to do but there's always that security factor I need. May not always be so strong and reasonable, but it's there.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko
Yeah, I suppose you're right. I mean I find sex as a fun thing to do but there's always that security factor I need. May not always be so strong and reasonable, but it's there.

Newsflash... girlfriends carry STDs too.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
To be honest, I know where you're coming from in both senses that 1. STIs = oh dear and 2. I couldn't have just ANYBODY all over me.

I suppose I could probably have something casual with somebody I like and have fun with, feel comfortable with, but otherwise it's just not my thing. Been offered and I just.... don't think I could.

It seems like sex is less meaningful, but I think a lot of people still worry about it and make it a big deal, which is how I prefer it hah.

*hundreds of profile views within a minute*
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
Quote by nebiru
Newsflash... girlfriends carry STDs too.

No one said they didn't.
Quote by Jackal58
had to check your profile to make sure u was a chick...

"Though I love sex, I never want it to be just meaningless sex. Call me idealistic but I don't think I'll enjoy a man I will never see again touching me."
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
^ I gotta give it to the running dog for not tripping up over the other dog.
Quote by live4ledzep
*hundreds of profile views within a minute*

>__> why?

Has everybody escaped the fact that kikaykitko is female?
Quote by SteveHouse
all 5 of my conquests have been one night stands haha

thats pretty bad actually lol
i can't do relationships, too scary

probably for that exact reason...

sex is fun, i enjoy being with girls, but i don't like the idea of not being able to pull another girl
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Last edited by samtewari at Apr 9, 2008,
I imagine that the fact that I'd be scared that afterwards the guy [or girl... I guess >__>] would be like 'ewwww *insert physical feature here* is really horrible' has kinda put me off one night stands.
Quote by SteveHouse
I could watch that gif all day long.

Personally, I think people put way to much emphasis on sex and emotion. I think that people should be mature enough to enjoy a brief physical relationship if they're both attracted to each other. Now they should also be responsible and be using condoms as well as another form of birth control.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by kikaykitko

Whether you like it or not, humans, and most animals, in fact, are designed so that sex is the best thing that will ever happen to you.

The orgasm is meant to be the greatest ammount of pleasure you could ever recieve. That's what keeps our genes getting passed on.

So people will always value it.
Quote by sashki
Whether you like it or not, humans, and most animals, in fact, are designed so that sex is the best thing that will ever happen to you.

The orgasm is meant to be the greatest ammount of pleasure you could ever recieve. That's what keeps our genes getting passed on.

So people will always value it.

I think she meant like.... do people really appreciate how important the act is or do people just act like it's a game, and kinda asking if anybody actually puts feelings into it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Dammit..I've never had some great pleasure.

What I meant was, do we still value it as something more than just some activity we do? You know, do we still see it something to people "share" instead of just "do".
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I think she meant like.... do people really appreciate how important the act is or do people just act like it's a game, and kinda asking if anybody actually puts feelings into it.

I associate feelings more with a romantic relationship than a sexual one.

I think it's just an age thing. Most of us on UG are between 13 and 18. At that age, most people just want secks. But as you grow older, you'll appreciate other things, too.

A romantic relationship is shared. Sex can be a one-time thing, I guess. That's why a one-night stand isn't about being romantic. It's just like "I don't know you. Sex?"

BTW, I have zero experience with one-night stands, so my opinions may or may not be valid.
I've had a "one night stand" situation, but they're only at parties when I'm intoxicated... I don't think I would do it otherwise. I've got a lovely lady of 18 months though so no need for me to worry.

Quote by kikaykitko
Dammit..I've never had some great pleasure.

What I meant was, do we still value it as something more than just some activity we do? You know, do we still see it something to people "share" instead of just "do".

I think I'd say I value it as something to share. It is about both people involved, you can't really be selfish, or it won't be fun.

According to a friend I should probably have a one-night stand and get a few things out of the way, but I don't think I could.......unless I was very drunk >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
I don't see the problem
quite frankly i wanna stick my dick in something, might as well be a vagina...

EDIT:

sarcasm, people! come on!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Last edited by samtewari at Apr 9, 2008,
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I've got a lovely lady of 18 months...
You are aware that that is just absolutely sick and wrong, right?

18 months?!

Jesus, at least wait until she's in pre-school!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

As a guy, I don't agree with them. Too many risks. Don't know the girl, don't usually carry a condom if me, and what if she doesn't have one? She have any STD's? Is she on any medication? Does she realize it's a one night stand, or does she want more?
^^ I think you've given us reason enough to believe that people don't really give a **** about sex

Charmer.

EDIT: @ samtewari obviously
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I think I'd say I value it as something to share. It is about both people involved, you can't really be selfish, or it won't be fun.

That was what I was thinking. Sure it's great with a hot stranger, but wouldn't it be more fun if it was with someone you knew and really wanted to do it with?

And isn't there some kind of regret you feel when you finally get to do it with someone you care about? I don't know, because I feel that way now. I used to have sex with my ex I didn't really care much about [except for the good sex of course] and now with my current, I just keep thinking, what if I saved myself for him?
/naive..?
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko
And isn't there some kind of regret you feel when you finally get to do it with someone you care about? I don't know, because I feel that way now. I used to have sex with my ex I didn't really care much about [except for the good sex of course] and now with my current, I just keep thinking, what if I saved myself for him?
/naive..?

I'm not really sure about that myself, because the first person I had sex with I cared about a lot, even if I was younger, it felt like the right time for me to do it.

I know where you're coming from though, I think that's how I might feel.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by kikaykitko

One night stands are good at the time but they are really just about the sex. There is no physical connection between you and that person. Thats speaking from personal experience. The sex is different and you feel like you are being judged on performance (well I do anyway... I cant speak for everyone).

I find the only good sex comes from when you are close to someone (That is common sense though).

One night stands just feel shallow, which is why I avoid them when I can. Unless I am blind drunk... Well even then I have a good "avoid sleeping with random stranger." I also freak out about STD's. Even if Im protected, I ll still need to go get tested because Im a worry wort.

One night stands also make for an awkward morning because you just know that you only slept with them because you were drunk and only after sex, which is why it leaves me feeling all shallow... Not that I have had many mind.. Only... 4... But then again Ive only had 4 sexual partners so... I fail!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I never do one night stands.

I won't have sex with a girl unless I know we both love eachother.

Oh, and making passionate love in a candlelit room is priceless. You're missing out Kik
i'd do it, TS make a poll Yay or Nay for 1 nighters.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Quote by kikaykitko
That was what I was thinking. Sure it's great with a hot stranger, but wouldn't it be more fun if it was with someone you knew and really wanted to do it with?
/naive..?

I agree on all points. I'd like my girlfriend and me to have no regrets about what we're doing. Much easier than having a bunch of thoughts flow through your head during. I don't know. Personally, if my girlfriend (who still is a virgin) told me that she had had sex before, I wouldnt mind, because she was being honest. I mean, I've told her that I'm not a virgin. I think honesty is really the only way to go
Quote by Guitardude19
One night stands are good at the time but they are really just about the sex. There is no physical connection between you and that person. Thats speaking from personal experience. The sex is different and you feel like you are being judged on performance (well I do anyway... I cant speak for everyone).

Say that's something given, if people think they're just being judged, why do it?

And this is why I don't drink, I'm pretty sure I can't handle my liquor well. I'm horny enough when I'm sober, God knows what I'll do after a couple of shots.

Quote by Våd Hamster
I never do one night stands.

I won't have sex with a girl unless I know we both love eachother.

Oh, and making passionate love in a candlelit room is priceless. You're missing out Kik

Massages, candlelit rooms, orgasms...What else have I missed out on?
Quote by Jackal58
Page 1 of 4