I basically really wanted to have a bash at customzing my own "signature" guitar and decided to give it a go, I'd like a guitar under £250 and have been looking at guitar kits but I'm not sure about the kits.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Kits are garbage, man. Go to a pawn shop and buy a used guitar in good shape, then sink money into tossing parts you like on it. Just make sure the neck is good and the body's not splitting anywhere. I got a used Ibanez RG from a shop and threw new pickups, floyd rose, tuning heads on it and it's a whole new guitar now. Worth a helluva lot more than I paid for it, and more than it was new even.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Since you like Ibanez you should buy an RG body, wizard neck, pups and good trem. Buy them individual and shop around for the parts you like best.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
which guitar would be best out of = LTD EX 50, Jackson JS30RR or LTD Viper 50 or others?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
well any suggestions of a cheap guitar with a decent wood body?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Something a little more than a standard strat shape would be more ideal (eg. sg, lp, explorer, v) I would ideally like an explorer shaped guitar but i dont mind out of the ones in the brackets.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Ive had a look at warmoth bodies and they look decent enough but im stuck on what wood to choose from im thinking of going with alder, ash or basswood

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Alder or ash is probably better than basswood.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Hard to say - Everyone bashes basswood, but the RG I have rodded is basswood, and I've gotten a good tone out of it. It just depends on what type of sound you're going for. It will affect sustain, though. The sustain in my RG is much less than what it is on my S, which is a mahogony body. It's hard for us to tell you what is best becuase so much of 'best' is subjective to each guitarist.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you