Hello there, i've decided it might be time for me to get myself a new amplifier. I play the usual Metallica / Megadeth stuffs, basicly 80's metal. Tho i'd like a nice and smooth clean tone for those beautiful ballads aswell as heavy distortion. The amp cannot be to expensive tho, lets say the price range's about 500 to 700 bucks.

My current amp is a Roland cube 30, not that it's anything wrong with it. I mean who knows i might have gig's coming up later this year etc.

jcm800 combo?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
jcm800 combo?

+1 maybe a JCM900 hint hint

or a traynor YCV50
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
+1 maybe a JCM900 hint hint

or a traynor YCV50

well as much as id love to sell it to him, it doesnt do the 80s rock thing that great.

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Im gonna be getting a Peavey Valveking shortly, and with a boost to the gain, it should work fine for you i think. The reverb on it gives you a very nice lead tone for 80s stuff. I really like it, and the 2X12 combo is about $629 or so.
Quote by ssguitar
well as much as id love to sell it to him, it doesnt do the 80s rock thing that great.

really thats suprising I've never tried one but I heard they were as good for 80s as a JCM800
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
although it might be a little small you can get a krank rev jr. either half stack for about $700 or full stack for about $200 more. sounds like a ****ing beast, its only 20 watts but it sounds more like 40

i want one too except i live in the uk and i know i'll end up paying about the equivalent of over $1000 for it

alternative is a peavey valveking if you want a little more power, they cost about the same
Personally, I wasn't to big a fan of the JCM 800 50W combo that I played. It was great for blues with a bit of gain and some other stuff, but it was rather lacking in the metal (from any era) department. Check out Ceriatone's Plexi clones, those sound amazing, the 36 watter would probably get you where you want to be, and if you wanna drive it even more, just get a nice OD pedal.

EDIT: So I realized that you also want a clean tone, you could get another amp and switch it a la Eric Johnson, or you could actually change the settings on the Plexi between songs. Marshalls (clones as well) respond rather nicely to the guitar's volume knob or a volume pedal.
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Last edited by Captirk at Apr 9, 2008,
I've gigged the Cube, worked fine.

I played blues and some classic rock tho. But we played with a decent PA and got to mic up our amps.
I'm not sure but you might be able to afford a 5150 combo.

Look into ceriatone JCM800s to
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Bit of a long shot as you're in the US, but if you can find one on craigslist/ebay etc, a Laney AOR 50/100 would be great for you.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Bostonrocks
really thats suprising I've never tried one but I heard they were as good for 80s as a JCM800

its really not as thick of a tone as the 800, still sounds good though. just not for 80s rock. check out a traynor also.

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!