So, we are always fighting about what is punk, what is not punk, how much I detest Tim Armstrong...and the like...and then everyone goes into song...some jawbreaker song...idk...so anyways...this band is an awesome punk band from Britian during the '77 era: The Suburban Studs. I think we all can agree on their amazingness. I just got their punk collection album, it is amazing.

Quote by punk 77!.com
Formed in 1976 and hailing from Birmingham The Suburban Studs were one of the first bands to be signed to an independent, the punky sounding Pogo Records, and marketed through the major label WEA Records. In their time they released 2 singles and even an album within a year, a feat not reached by many a punk band of the time. Originally featuring the sax antics of Steve Heart the instrument was felt to be inappropriate to their sound and he left to join the Neon Hearts.

http://www.kbdrecords.com/2006/07/ <----some MP3's to download...

thoughts?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
please god...no...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Frustrated....with the ****ing problems of everyday!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
New York's Alright If You Like Saxophones
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I listened to a few songs and they sounded alright. But then I went and listened to the Neon Hearts, who I thought sounded way better. I wanna get the Neon Hearts album now...
DOWN&OUT
Quote by axeslash

or if you like to get mugged or murdered...

I was really waiting for someone to post that hehe
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I love that song. I tabbed that ****er out.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
yeah The Record is one of the best albums ever

the first I heard Beef Bologna I almost cried of how awesome that song is
does anyone else feel that most of fears songs sound exactly the same...?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
does anyone else feel that most of fears songs sound exactly the same...?

Don't make me start a hate group Mike.
I never liked Fear. I always thought they sounded way generic and macho. Totally turned me off.
Better punks bands need to use saxophones, to redeem such an awesome instrument.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by axeslash
Don't make me start a hate group Mike.

don't get me wrong, fear is...alright...just...idk...boring...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by axeslash
New York's Alright If You Like Homosexuals

That's what they called it on SNL.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
The Suburban Studs are cool. On the other hand, I can't stand 95% of saxophone playing in rock-oriented music.
Steve MacKay FTW!

More bands should have horn sections. Just not third wave ska horn sections.
Quote by Jett Diamond
I never liked Fear. I always thought they sounded way generic and macho. Totally turned me off.
Better punks bands need to use saxophones, to redeem such an awesome instrument.

X-Ray Spex, homeslice.
are you ****ing serious? Fear stretches there music

If anything that's why I love Fear so much, there songs DON'T sound anything a like! And they don't sound like ANY other Punk band.

Just buy the Record, it really is one of the best albums ever. Listen to every sing song on that album and try and tell me that every Fear song sounds the same.
Quote by sargasm
X-Ray Spex, homeslice.

Oh bondage, up yours
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by Mav-16
are you ****ing serious? Fear stretches there music

If anything that's why I love Fear so much, there songs DON'T sound anything a like! And they don't sound like ANY other Punk band.

Just buy the Record, it really is one of the best albums ever. Listen to every sing song on that album and try and tell me that every Fear song sounds the same.

I have that record, and that is where i am getting my fear experience from...I'll give it another listen...and I like the music and ****....it's just not anywhere near my favorite...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by recklessnick
mike2, i dont like you. stop being such an elitist prick.

hey, nick, go **** yourself....i have no idea what I even did....

god damn it, someone can't have a god damn opinion without being ****ing crucified on this board...do I have to look out for all the feelings of people that have ****ty taste in music? does it make you sad that Anti-flag sucks? boo hoo boo hoo... grow some ****ing balls and don't let it get to ya...if you like it then why the **** do you let what I say get to you?

EDIT:

Quote by BrianApocalypse

Last edited by mike2 at Apr 10, 2008,
Accusing someone of elitism is a pretty elitist thing to do...

If you think about it.

But Most people don't even use the term elitist correctly.

An elitist is not someone who values their own opinion highly. Everyone should value their opinion highly, it's their opinion.
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by GreenDayChris
Sax's = punk cos of X-Ray Spex

hells yeah... *high five*

but I named it that because they got rid of their saxophone player because it wasn't "punk enough"

I think the stooges also create a great example of a sax...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

The only reason that Sax is popular as an instrument is because of the Simpsons.

Now EVERYONE who takes up an instrument because they're gifted and get bored in school plays Sax.
Quote by axeslash

My first thought too..........and I´m thinking of a song we once played (two years ago) where I (!) sing and our singer plays the sax.......if enouhg people cry HERE than I´ll upload it (cause it´ll hurt my good reputation)
Quote by lavazza
My first thought too..........and I´m thinking of a song we once played (two years ago) where I (!) sing and our singer plays the sax.......if enouhg people cry HERE than I´ll upload it (cause it´ll hurt my good reputation)

Do it!
ok......I´ll do it.....the quality is a **** and it´s called Plumber´s Helper......the whole text is:

I like my Plumber´s Helper
I like my Plumber´s Helper
Oh, I like my Plumber´s Helper

There was a different text for this song, but we reduced it.....

Plumber´s Helper here is the link......there are two versions (the guy who is speaking at the beginning of one version is not me)
Lavazza just gained 5 punk rock points.
X-Ray Spex=Best punk band with a sax.

Some people say little girls should be seen and not heard.
Well I say.........
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
.........that some people are right!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
.........that some people are right!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown