You know how when people say "you have no life" when they see you just being lazy every once and a while and automatically think your a loser and have no friends? Well, that gets me pissed. Because although I go to military school, Im involved in a lot of things where I live. Im an eagle scout, I wrestle, Im going to sea world this summer to train whales, and I got into NYU. I also use to work at shea stadium and will work at the central park zoo this summer. What kind of things do you guys do other than play the guitar? Also, do you feel as if you have to be apart of things just to feel as if you have a life or are you okay with just hanging out with your friends a lot and just walking around where you live and are you okay with just going to partys with them? When do you consider someone a loser, seriously? Does anyone consider someone a loser if they do bad in school and have gotten 50s on their report cards in the past but really try hard? What about people who arent good at sports and arent really good at anything but try everything?
Life is a film, you the film maker
Last edited by ~DeadPoetsNow~ at Apr 9, 2008,
A loser is someone who has no appreciation for life and the act of living. You can interpret that however you want to.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
sociologically, i'd say a loser is whatever the majority decides one is.

my personal feeling is a loser is someone who enjoys having no dignity. i know a guy who enjoys living like trash and leeching off people. when he gets chances to better himself, he willingly bypasses them. that's a loser.

someone who grew up uneducated in a rough environment getting off drugs and working full-time at mcdonalds isn't a loser. he's someone trying to better himself given his abilities or lackthereof and he should be respected and given dignity. even if he does just work in fast food, he's a human being making an attempt to survive and contribute to society.
#DTWD
Someone who starts threads like these
only joking

erm when someone can't succeed? i don't really know
Schecter lover
oooooooooof
also a girl
Quote by darkstar2466
A loser is someone who has no appreciation for life and the act of living.

+1
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
To me a loser is a person who doesn't win a game or something like that.
A person most people call losers with no lives, I just say fail at life.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I'd say you're a loser if you don't enjoy life. And hell, if you enjoy living like trash, go for it.

I don't see why anyone should have to 'better themselves' if they like how they are. You get 76 (give or take) years to live, have fun and f*ck what other people think.
Quote by primusfan

my personal feeling is a loser is someone who enjoys having no dignity. i know a guy who enjoys living like trash and leeching off people. when he gets chances to better himself, he willingly bypasses them. that's a loser.

someone who grew up uneducated in a rough environment getting off drugs and working full-time at mcdonalds isn't a loser. he's someone trying to better himself given his abilities or lackthereof and he should be respected and given dignity. even if he does just work in fast food, he's a human being making an attempt to survive and contribute to society.

Congrats, a winner is you
Quote by primusfan

+100

I'm a Sociology major, so I enjoyed your first point. x]
cool, good answers. Does anyone consider someone a loser if they do bad in school and have gotten 50s on their report cards in the past but really try hard? What about people who arent good at sports and arent really good at anything but try everything?
Life is a film, you the film maker
People who don't appreciate the talent they are given, when people who work harder could make better use of it.

Unfourtunately, there are also people in the world who are naturally irritating, e.g. ones who try to hard to fit in and just say awkward, unfunny things.

TS you sound interesting! Training whales sounds sick!!!
People use the term "loser" very losely now adays. I droped my pen at school and I wasn't able to reach it and I heard somebody say "Pffft. Loser." It hurt my feelings.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
cool, good answers. Does anyone consider someone a loser if they do bad in school and have gotten 50s on their report cards in the past but really try hard?

*Refer to the definition I stated earlier* Going to school is a big part of life in your early years. It is what society has deemed important for an individual, and it is very much part of life. To take that responsibility seriously and appreciate that portion of your life is what I define to be success.

It doesn't matter if you perform badly, as long as you try.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Froggy McHop
I'd say you're a loser if you don't enjoy life. And hell, if you enjoy living like trash, go for it.

I don't see why anyone should have to 'better themselves' if they like how they are. You get 76 (give or take) years to live, have fun and f*ck what other people think.

Can't say I agree with this. Literally speaking if you don't enjoy your life then you may have "lost" at being born into a fortunate postion. However I think the term "loser" used as it is, is pretty much what primus fan said.

Edit: Also what's with all the inteligent conversations in the Pit recently?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks
Can't say I agree with this. Literally speaking if you don't enjoy your life then you may have "lost" at being born into a fortunate postion. However I think the term "loser" used as it is, is pretty much what primus fan said.

I see what you mean there. If someone is born into poverty, they can't really be called a 'loser'. Man that'd actually be quite harsh in third world countries.
Quote by QuiatFat
+100

I'm a Sociology major, so I enjoyed your first point. x]

And you have to take a ****ing class to realize such trivial things? LOSER

Jokes aside, "loser" is all about perspectives in the end, so stop thinking about it already.
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
cool, good answers. Does anyone consider someone a loser if they do bad in school and have gotten 50s on their report cards in the past but really try hard? What about people who arent good at sports and arent really good at anything but try everything?

No.

However, most people who do poorly in school do it on purpose.
Quote by leeb rocks

They're actually here quite often. Its mainly the noobs that go around going "liek omg i shouldnt take teh pit seriously but heres mi questin anywayz: Shud I secks her?"