Hi all I'm thinking about getting a Schecter C-1 Classic for my first guitar (have been borrowing my friend's guitar for a while now). I don't have near enough money yet but I'm starting a new job and will hopefully be able to save enough money after paying for gas and insurance and such to get it eventually. I hear a lot of good things about the Classic and I just wanted to confirm them.

So my questions are:

1) Is it a good, versatile guitar? (I play anything from Guns N' Roses to Eagles to Matchbox 20 and am expanding to different genres quickly)

2) Does the Vine of Life inlay get confusing?

3) Is Schecter a pretty reliable brand, as far as things not going screwy with the guitar after a little while of playing?

4) Is it worth buying this guitar if I'm not a pro, even though I know I'll buy it some day even if I buy a cheaper one first?

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
Last edited by Billyjson at Apr 9, 2008,
1) i read that it is pretty versatile, but you will get a darker tone because it is made of mahogony(sp)
2)no the vine of life shouldnt get confusing
3)schecter is a very reliable company and makes quality guitars
1) It's great. Not the MOST versatile guitar but it does everything nice. Good cleans and good distortion. Can handle droped tuning etc.

2) It dosn't get confusing since there are dots on the side of neck like most guitars and also there I see a kind of pattern that makes it easy to know where you are.

3) My guitar was set up perfect from the day I bought it, havn't changed it at all!

4) Schecter have great guitars. My friend bought a very cheap model(cant remember wich) with floyd rose, coil tap and it sound good and is really worth the money. You should try them out and see if you feel satisfied!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by Billyjson
1) Is it a good, versatile guitar? (I play anything from Guns N' Roses to Eagles to Matchbox 20 and am expanding to different genres quickly)

As much as pretty much any other guitar. Genre-specific tone is going to me more dependant on your amp than guitar anyways.

2) Does the Vine of Life inlay get confusing?

If you're new to the guitar and need inlays as a reference then I'd imagine that yes, it could get confusing.

3) Is Schecter a pretty reliable brand, as far as things not going screwy with the guitar after a little while of playing?

Had mine for two years and not a single problem.

4) Is it worth buying this guitar if I'm not a pro, even though I know I'll buy it some day even if I buy a cheaper one first?

Yes and no. If I were you I'd keep my eyes out for a used Elite or Plus rather than the classic. The classic is a bit prettier, but thats about it.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Glad to hear it, thanks for the answers. I tried one out a while ago at the local music store and fell in love with it. When the guy asked (mostly joking) if he should grab the case and ring it up I was almost ready to trade him my car for it

let there be sound.
Make sure you don't skimp on whatever amp you end up getting. It's much more important than the guitar...
Quote by gald
Yes and no. If I were you I'd keep my eyes out for a used Elite or Plus rather than the classic. The classic is a bit prettier, but thats about it.

Looks like the Elite was discontinued but the Plus is still on the site. Its definitely cheaper but are the pickups it comes with as good?

Quote by T!AN
Make sure you don't skimp on whatever amp you end up getting. It's much more important than the guitar...

Yeah I need to put some thought into that next, I'm just using a Marshall MG15DFX right now and its... alright I guess... could use some suggestions on what to get there too (but like I said I'm nowhere near rich at the moment).

let there be sound.
Last edited by Billyjson at Apr 9, 2008,
You find it confusing or you just don't like the looks?

let there be sound.
I liked the looks until i saw it in person. That guitar was just not me. It was too foo foo. But it might be perfect for others. Personally, i went with the hellraiser. Either way, you're not gonna go wrong with the Schecter.
I love my classic, I had to file one of the saddles in the bridge, and i went and got the tone knob replaced cause it kind of sucked, but 20$ later i have an amazing guitar and wouldn't change a thing.

I would go with the classic over the plus because when i was trying them i found the pickups in the classic made a big difference but that's just me.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
1) It's pretty versatile. I get really good cleans, and it does have the darker tone like ironman said.

2) The vine does not get confusing. The dots on the side are all I look at for reference.

3) I've had my Classic for a little over 6 months and have had zero problems with it.

4) Yes it's worth it to buy now. I know that for me personally, upgrading from my ****e SG Special to a quality guitar helped me to improve a lot more.

As far as amps go, check out Fender amps because of their versatility. Awesome cleans, and my Hot Rod has some pretty decent gain as well.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Cool, good to hear from some people who own one. I'll check out a few reviews on Fender amps.

let there be sound.
I just bought one a about a week or two ago, and I love it. I own several fenders and a Les Paul and I have to say, it is already my favorite guitar out of all of them.