For my newest build, I'm doing a double humbucker explorer-strat cross. For controls, I'm thinking of doing a pickup switch and a tone switch (no volume). The tone switch is pretty simple, but could somebody give me some cap values?
Here's the tone switch positions:
1. No cap
2. Cap roughly equivalent to 5 on a potentiometer
3. Esquire-esque warm bass tone
So it's like the Esquire circuit, if you left the pot on 5. I don't do much tone fine-tuning.
If y'all could give me cap values to use for pos. 2 and 3 that'd be wonderful.

The real problematic thing is the pickup switch. Is there a way where I could use a 4- or 5-position switch so my options could be as such?:
1. Bridge Humbucker
2. Both parallel
3. Both series
4. Neck pup
I'm not really sure how I'd go about this, a schem would help if it's possible.

In case you didn't pick up on it I HATE HATE HATE pots. I find them aesthetically displeasing on my guitars, since I can't really find knobs that suit my mangled creations. Also switches are much more repeatable for me. I can never get the same tone setting twice except 0 and 10, because there are no dials on the PG.

^^I'm sorry for that
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
If you used pots, you could wire the switching to a 3-way with 2 push-pull pots, one being a Coil tap, the other being series/parallel. And by Strat/Exploror hybrid, do u mean like a Dean Cadillac, but with a flat top and a flatter bottom?
I'd really like to avoid pots, and I don't need coil split.
By explorer- strat hybrid, I mean an explorerish shape with a PG similar to the strat's (more angular, but holds controls and pups)
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Wouldn't you want a resistor instead of a cap to reduce the volume to the equivalent of 5? Or are you going for that different tone that is a side effect of having the volume turned down.

I supposed an easier way to get that sound is to connect a pot to those lugs on the switch, set it at "5" and just leave it in the control cavity, rather than drilling for it.
Tone switch has the pot setting 5/bassy tone objectives. So a cap. I want no volume adjustment whatsoever.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

explorer/strat

cuh cuh cuh cuh cuhrazy!!!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras