I need to figure out how to do the Standby + power on order.

I've used the search bar, but everything is different and i haven't figured it out yet.

I'm getting a tube amp, and i want to figure it out.

Tell me if i'm right: Standby(wait 45 sec.) + Power on + ???

what do you do after that, do you turn off the standby, or leave it on, and what do you do at the end when you want to turn it off?
O O

___
Okay....

Flip the power switch -> wait 45(+) seconds -> Flip the Standby switch

Jam

Flip the standby switch -> wait 45(+) seconds -> Flip the power switch off
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Okay....

Jam

but isn't the standby switch for sending lower currents to the tubes so it isn't a sudden jolt from cold to hot, like you're doing?
O O

___
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Okay....

Jam

As above
Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
I've read somewhere that to turn it on, it goes

turn power---45-30 seconds---standby on and play

but to turn it off, the order doesn't really matter..i'm not sure though, I just read it in some tube amp page

EDIT: here it is

What is the correct method to turn the amp ON?
The rule-of-thumb is to flip the power switch ON, but leave the left-hand switch on STANDBY. This will allow the tubes to warm up. It takes no longer than 30 seconds to do so, but wait at least 10 to 15 seconds. I've heard some people say, "wait a few minutes" or "wait about five minutes"—this is unnecessary. The worst is, "the longer you leave the amp on standby the better it will sound." Totally false. The standby switch essentially allows the tubes to heat up before applying your guitar's signal to them. This prevents the tube from being "shocked" with high voltage before it's ready to go. This is why amps without standby switches sort of fade in when you turn them on—the tube isn't hot enough to amplify yet

What is the correct method to turn the amp OFF?
There is no correct way. You can turn it straight off, unplug it from the wall, put it on standby first, etc. It flat out does not matter.

--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Last edited by tincho729 at Apr 9, 2008,
so... is it:
power on -> standby on ->then play<-
do you leave the standy on, or turn it off while playing?
O O

___