Hi,

I just wanted to give a heads up about a company out of Las Vegas called Musicians Advocate and to let everyone know that they should be avoided at all costs. They are on Amazon and Ebay.

I'm in the middle of dealing with them on an Amazon transaction gone bad.

I was searching for Reason 4 on Amazon and saw they were selling it for $279, so I bought it. Being suspicious of a too good to be true deal, I emailed them and asked them to confirm that it was the full version, not the adapted, academic versions or an upgrade. They responded and told that if it didn't have "academic" or "adapted" in the title, then it was the full version.

When I got home from work, I had a shipment confirmation in the hotmail account that's tied to my Amazon account (hotmail is blocked at work) and sure enough, it's the academic version. I immediately called them. They told me the academic version was the exact same thing as the full version, it's just at a steeply discounted rate.

Still a little skeptical I called around and finally got in touch with someone at Sweetwater. They explained that the academic version is the full version, you just can't upgrade it (which is why I wanted the full version to begin with. Future upgrades to Reason are only $130 or so).

I called Musicians Advocate back, and spoke to a guy named Chris. To begin with, he started arguing with me saying the Amazon product page specifically says "Academic", which it doesn't. He then said to refuse the Fed Ex shipment when it arrives and they will refund the money. I asked him for a name so I could deal with someone directly to get this resolved, and he would not give me a last name. He was also extremely rude.

A week later, my "expedited" shipment finally reaches the local Fed Ex station (traveling from Las Vegas to 40 miles south of Salt Lake City took a week. Glad I paid $50 for their "expedited" shipping...). I called Fed Ex and they refused the package before it was delivered. Strangely enough, it arrived at Musicians Advocate about two days after that refusal.

Three days go by and I get an email from another member of their staff:

Subject: RE: Your Amazon Order on our order (Reason 4.0)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:13:42 -0700

Marcus,
We received back the Reason 4.0 software that we shipped to you from your Amazon sale.
Why was it refused? Did you refuse it or did this get delivered to the wrong address.
Please advise

This was from a guy named Bradley who I think runs the place. Obviously he hasn't spoken to Chris and has no idea what's going on. I responded two days ago and told him that I was to receive a refund. I still don't have my refund and I haven't heard anything back from them despite another email since asking about the status of this transaction.

This is the worst experience I've ever had. Not only are they terrible sellers, hocking lesser products at regular prices, but their shipping is terrible and their customer service is abysmal.

Bottom line, go somewhere else. Even if their price looks tempting, don't risk it.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
I'll keep it in mind, Like the avatar!
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Red33
I'll keep it in mind, Like the avatar!

Guitars:
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Thanks for the heads up
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

No problem. If you Google the company, you'll see a lot of people discussing negative experiences they've had with the company, too. There are a few who have been treated okay, and I can understand stuff comes up, but they've just been so unbelievably rude and difficult to deal with, that I don't want any one else to go through the same thing.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge