ok im like broke and need a new guitar because my starcaster's neck is bowing like crazy. so i was thinking of geting a epiphone sg special. $170, new, people say its not half bad, and i love sg bodys. do you people think its ok or dont get it??
eh get something used. I've got the special and it's not THAT great.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
g-400 vintage... $130 more, and the step up in quality is astounding
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I don't reccomend it at all. First off, the body is made out of Laminated Alder/Maple and pretty much is crap everything. It also has brutal fret accesibility, and a bolt on neck. SGs also look like crap without a pickguard, and has brutal color options, and dot inlays...but that's just looks if you're into that.

Musicians's Friend has a sale for a G-400 Deluxe, only 299.99$, I think in April only.
It's even cheaper than the regular G-400. If you can't afford that, go for the G-310, or go used.
Quote by Rocker_94
If you can't afford that, go for the G-310, or go used.

G-310=epic massive phail. don't sound good, aren't reliable, and just aren't worth it.
Therefore, G-310=
Used is a good Idea though, also look into agile valkyries.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
its decent... id say it definitely served me well and hasnt given me any set up problems.... its my back up guitar now...

one thing though... if you do get it, express yourslef on it's finish because the balck is really really boring... i basically covered mine in advertising and things i like all colorful to get rid of the dullness
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
*shakes head*

Please, don't buy that guitar. The SG special is utter crap.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.