I want your opinion on my kind of music and if it compares to a friends'.

Would you say that -in your opinion- that someone with an interest in bands like the beatles, queen, and RHCP.etc has a better taste than someone who is preferred listening to the likes of RATM and machine head?

Opinions only.
It depends on what you like.
Just because someone likes bands you don't, doesn't mean they have a bad taste in music. They could think the exact same about your tastes.
So the whole arguement is redundant.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
...what?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I would say that you can't judge how much "better" someone's musical taste is over anyone else's.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
My opinion is that trying to compete your musical opinions against one another is pathetic.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
My opinion is that you both fail for having such an argument.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Music is subjective and you fail for thinking that you have better taste than anybody else.
I don't think a person's musical tastes can be "better" than anyone else's.
It's what you personally like, and even though I may not enjoy the same music, that doesn't make mine any better or worse.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Only an elitist would look down on the musical tastes and opinions of others, but you'll find that most people can be elitist at times.

I've been guilty of it myself, admittedly.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Frank Zappa tastes like jelly beans but Fightstar taste like a dog's arse.
Quote by civildp1
My opinion is that you both fail for having such an argument.

I see your point, but I generally can't understand why he fails to lie like such great bands, keeping in mind, RATM have had a few good songs, killing in the name is one.
dude RATM rules, Beatles rule, Queen rules, and RHCP rule, and dont think that your all high and mighty because you like maintsream music over not as famous (chart wise public fame wise) music it just means your part of the hive mind of preppy america and for that
*FACEPALM* Fail
Everyone has the best taste in music.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by bourbon2095
I see your point, but I generally can't understand why he fails to lie like such great bands, keeping in mind, RATM have had a few good songs, killing in the name is one.

Ever stop to think that a band isn't "good" just because you like it?
Nobody's 'music taste' is 'better' than anyone elses. It's a personal preference, it shouldn't matter.
I like a varied music taste.

Myself, I like everything from Bright Eyes and Avenged Sevenfold to the likes of Emperor and Opeth, and everything in between.

I would think the musical tastes are exactly the same, there is no "good" or "bad" music tastes.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by CowboyUp

Ah, but the adjective 'good' is based solely on the subjective opinion of the individual.

There's no guidelines on how to and how not to be a 'good' band. As you said earlier, man: it's all subjective.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Ah, but the adjective 'good' is based solely on the subjective opinion of the individual.

That's why it's in quotation marks. It makes it more indie

btw, I want your amp.
Quote by CowboyUp
btw, I want your amp.

Yah, it's a beauty.

I'm getting my new Ibanez T42DXFM on Friday as well.

Quote by betty boop
bands that have a taste:

peaches
cranberries
the velvet underground (bananas)
the white stripes ( of chewing gums)
fiona apple

/thread

melt bananna
orange 9mm
Electric Prunes
Korn
Anal cvnt

(opinions on music are futile and meaningless in the virtual world TS)

^^i was just thinking i dont want that amp teh suxorz
How could you guys forget Cream?

Quote by Smokey Amp
Yah, it's a beauty.

I'm getting my new Ibanez T42DXFM on Friday as well.

What is that? I'm curious and it's not showing up in google search
Quote by CowboyUp
What is that? I'm curious and it's not showing up in google search

£489.

Where I got it from, anyway.

It's only got Infinities in it, but I'll replace them with Dimarzios.

no body can have a better music taste than someone else per se

People could only like 1 band and someone else could like a million bands from many genres, does that mean he has a better taste in music? not really, he has a wider taste of music.
Quote by Smokey Amp
£489.

Where I got it from, anyway.

It's only got Infinities in it, but I'll replace them with Dimarzios.

Coool, that's not to bad
Quote by CowboyUp

Actually, it is. If you like it, it's good to you. And whether or not a band is "good" or not on a general scale is entirely subjective to each person's opinion. Therefore, there's no such thing as a music taste that's "truly horrible".

As for my opinion on music taste, I let people like what they want to like. But I'm not above recommending my tastes to others.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
Actually, it is. If you like it, it's good to you. And whether or not a band is "good" or not on a general scale is entirely subjective to each person's opinion. Therefore, there's no such thing as a music taste that's "truly horrible".

As for my opinion on music taste, I let people like what they want to like. But I'm not above recommending my tastes to others.

You didn't get me there. TS was saying that his bands were "good" in a sense that they are universally amazing and people who don't like them have bad taste.
Quote by CowboyUp
You didn't get me there. TS was saying that his bands were "good" in a sense that they are universally amazing and people who don't like them have bad taste.

And that's an elitist way of thinking.

Maybe not everyone likes RATM, Led Zep, Queen, etc. If someone thinks those bands are bad, then they don't have "bad taste", they just don't like popular bands.

The only people who have "bad taste" are people who have really ****ing stupid reasons for disliking a band, like hating on a band "just because they're popular/mainstream", or because their singer wears a certain kind of hat. THOSE people have bad taste. Not someone who dislikes The Beatles.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
And that's an elitist way of thinking.

Maybe not everyone likes RATM, Led Zep, Queen, etc. If someone thinks those bands are bad, then they don't have "bad taste", they just don't like popular bands.

The only people who have "bad taste" are people who have really ****ing stupid reasons for disliking a band, like hating on a band "just because they're popular/mainstream", or because their singer wears a certain kind of hat. THOSE people have bad taste. Not someone who dislikes The Beatles.

You don't need to tell me that
No. You both have bad tastes in music because you don't listen to Jazz/Classical/Metal/insert superelitist minigenre here.

Erm. I don't believe anyone has better or worse tastes in music. Just listen to the music that moves you, don't judge other people's music.