Is this a good amp for blues? I play alot of John Mayer,SRV, BB King, eric clapton, and slash. If not what would be a good amp for my style of music. It can be about 800-850$ new, but i will probably look on ebay to see if i can get it cheaper. Thanks!

by the way i wasn't even looking into the jcm 800's but after i saw this video, it totally changed my mind. I really like that blues tone he is getting. Here's the link...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C_Vu2zsBw5Y
Last edited by zaffie8808 at Apr 9, 2008,
Mayer, SRV, and BB king all used American voiced amps, as did Clapton for a while. but the cleans on a JCM800 combo is kind of iffy. *points to sig* i play almost the same kind of stuff, but sometimes pop-punk is stuff. It does it all
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^Actually I find the JCM900 to be a really bad blues amp, not really bad, but the 800 is way superior. I have owned a JCM900 and play lots of blues and stuff that the TS play so it's not a very good choice.

The 800 has good cleans, just not pristine clean cleans, but like old school Marshall cleans, that are kind of slightly pushed.

For the TS a JCM800 should work well, but you seem to play a lot of American stuff. I would get something like a Traynor YCV40 or YCV50 Blue (the Blue is basically a JCM800).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^Actually I find the JCM900 to be a really bad blues amp, not really bad, but the 800 is way superior. I have owned a JCM900 and play lots of blues and stuff that the TS play so it's not a very good choice.

The 800 has good cleans, just not pristine clean cleans, but like old school Marshall cleans, that are kind of slightly pushed.

For the TS a JCM800 should work well, but you seem to play a lot of American stuff. I would get something like a Traynor YCV40 or YCV50 Blue (the Blue is basically a JCM800).

+1 to the YCV series.

maybe he should try out a ceriatone plexi to.

while he's at it try a blues JR. to
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 9, 2008,
John Mayer uses Two Rocks and Victoria amps.

SRV used an array of Fender amps, but also used Marshall 100-watts and used Soldano's before he died.

BB King I am not sure of, but I think he uses Twin Reverbs.

Eric Clapton used to use Marshalls exclusively (Blues Breaker and Marshall Leads) but now uses mostly Victoria's.

Slash uses the new Vintage Moderns now.

So all in all, you should be able to cover most with the 800, but a Fender would be better all around for the blues you play.
High as tits
Quote by A-5best
Dude, where are you finding JCM800s for 800-850$ new

it would be off ebay used and it would be the combo
I say a tweed bassman circuit would be great
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Thats more of his strat sound you're hearing than anything and that JCM800 clip has quite a bit of crunch on it. It can get wayy cleaner than in that vid and once you start to crank it its very good at doing blues, better than the in that vid anyway.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
BTW, BB King uses Roland JC-120s.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.