k so i f*cked up. i was tryin to be mister handy and re wire my epi les paul but i think i just made myself a huge problem. so im thinking of starting from scratch with all new pots and a new pickup

THe guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul custom, stock it has 2 humbuckers, 2 vol, and 2 tone knobs

WHat i want is a single DiMarzio X2N in the bridge, 1 Volume, and the output jack

Simple, the question is what do i need and how simple is it to wire it? IF you could link me to all the stuff minus the pickup i would need, that would be awesome. do i just need the pot and wire or do I need those lil ornage things and such (im a total noob when it comes to this, but if i have a diagram and the parts i can do it)
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
guitar center potrs will run you five bucks for a normal one, jack is like 2 bucks for a cheap one, and when you buy the pickup it will come with diqagram so there you go
Quote by spiderjerusalem
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

diagrams, colors on wires would be different with dimarzio, no need for capacitors/the-little-orange-things

what do the capacitors do exactly and why wouldn't i need one?

and what kinda pot do i get? a 500k or 250k? whats the diff?
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
the difference is the output the knobs has , so the higher number the higher the output (i say it like this because i dont no the technical stuff lol)
so 250k <500k< 1meg
The 500k pot is the warmest. The 1meg pot is the brightest, and the 250k pot is somewhere in between.
Quote by F8iscruel
the difference is the output the knobs has , so the higher number the higher the output (i say it like this because i dont no the technical stuff lol)
so 250k <500k< 1meg

No, they're rated by their maximum internal resistance, expressed in kilo-Ohms.
so i think im going to go with a kent armstrong humbucker. What gauge wire should i use for the wiring?
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
Quote by hippiebass
The 500k pot is the warmest. The 1meg pot is the brightest, and the 250k pot is somewhere in between.

Not exactly. Potentiometers in guitars leak some of the higher frequencies to ground, i.e. they remove it from your sound. 250k will leak more highs to ground so that'd be the "warmest" option. 250k is generally used with single coils guitars, to try and warm up the sound. 500k pots retain more highs in the signal, which is why they are more commonly used with humbuckers, which are already much darker sounding than single coils. 1M pots will sound ear-piercingly bright with single coil pickups in the bridge position of most guitars, and get you the most highs from humbucker equipped guitars.