I just got an MXR 10-band EQ pedal. I am not very good at finding settings however. Anyone know a good setting, for a classic rock tone (Zeppelin, Hendrix) because the distortion on my MG50 is a bit to heavy for me and I want a 70´s type distortion.

Thanks
Quote by johnhud
I just got an MXR 10-band EQ pedal. I am not very good at finding settings however. Anyone know a good setting, for a classic rock tone (Zeppelin, Hendrix) because the distortion on my MG50 is a bit to heavy for me and I want a 70´s type distortion.

Thanks

Quote by johnhud
I am not very good at finding settings however. Anyone know a good setting, for a classic rock tone (Zeppelin, Hendrix) because the distortion on my MG50 is a bit to heavy for me

Quote by johnhud
Anyone know a good setting, for a classic rock tone (Zeppelin, Hendrix) because the distortion on my MG50 is a bit to heavy for me

Quote by johnhud
the distortion on my MG50 is a bit to heavy for me

Quote by johnhud
the distortion on my MG50 is a bit to heavy

Quote by johnhud
the distortion on my MG50

...There's your problem.
wow though i had a good laff, that was kinda mean...anyways, honestly, just fiddle around with it, see what YOU like and what YOU think sounds good, no one can really tell you exact settings, just play around with it, when i got mine the biggest thing i played with was the combinations of the volume and gain knob, both different things but seems the same...sorry i couldnt be m ore help
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
+UG (meaning UG agrees)

Ditch the MG.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
you could try getting a new amp too...i actually had the mg15 as my first amp when i first started...but not anymore, upgraded to a traynor ycv40t, try looking at tube amps
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
I was thinking about the ValveKing 212. Is that a heavy metal amp or more 80's rock or what?

Thanks
1st off getting it 2x12 is a waste of money, go 1x12. second, the valveking has mixed reviews, its got a good amount of gain but many say it sterile and u can find better amp for your money. maybe the randall rg50tc? its frequently recommended here on UG but be mindful of its loudness, 50 watts tube is insanely loud and will kill ur ears much past 1-2. Unless you really need all that gain (which i doubt) check out the laney lc series.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Randall's are metal amps. That´s not the sound I'm looking for. Looking for a hard rock tone.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
...There's your problem.

Best way i've seen that put in a while
Id look at the Laney VC/LC too
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Righto, well in that case I'd suggest the Laney LC or VC series, basically the LC is the modern soud and the VC is vintage.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical