Maybe if i mentioned i've played violin for several years before picking up guitar, not as many of you will call BS on me.....

I don't know what level I am, but I'm only 14 and i've been only playing for around 3 months. =(
Stuff I like playing:
Most (not all) Dragonforce-like valley of the damned, my spirit will go on, soldiers of the wasteland
Joe Satriani-Surfing with the Alien, Always with me always with you. don't like his newer stuff
Steve Vai-Starting to get into his songs, idk thou, it gets challenging =\
Eric Johnson-Cliffs of dover

I don't think I'm really into heavy heavy metal, and of course, I like playing some modern pop/rock stuff (ex. lifehouse), but i don't think that counts as this is a forum on technical playing(?)

Umm... signature has what I play on, and please, nothing with major whammy abuse cause i'm saving that for when my JS1000 comes in :P

So, I would like the kind people here to maybe hint at my proficiency and recommend anything to learn and such =)
Last edited by The Hummingbird at Apr 9, 2008,
Rage Against the Machine is good, except Tom Morello uses lots of effects on his solos.

EDIT:
O yea...
A few good ones to try are:
Guerrilla Radio
Killing In the Name
Wake Up
Sleep Now In the Fire
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Last edited by JungIe at Apr 9, 2008,
Cliffs of dover after 3 months...

Herman Ri himself can't even play dragonforce.
wow if u can play that after 3 months you're doing well

may as well just learn canon rock
I'm calling bull****, if you intend to tell me that you can play that within 3 months of learning guitar.
and RATM, i've tried =) i just can't figure out how to do all the morello sound effects. only one I can do right is probably the scratching from bulls on parade

i guess.

Only thing i'm missing from only playing so short is feeling =\ which I guess only comes through time?
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
Quote by Frozzenn
I'm calling bull****, if you intend to tell me that you can play that within 3 months of learning guitar.

Mmk. Don't believe me if you want, I'll promise a youtube vid just for you.
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
Sorry mate but... cliffs of dover.. three months

Unless your some child prodidgy, I call bull**** too...

Iron Man, Paranoid.. are both good songs..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Even a prodigy couldn't get any of those songs after 3 months, maybe if they played 15 hours a day.
Quote by floppypick
Sorry mate but... cliffs of dover.. three months

Unless your some child prodidgy, I call bull**** too...

Iron Man, Paranoid.. are both good songs..

Quote by Ze_Metal
Even a prodigy couldn't get any of those songs after 3 months, maybe if they played 15 hours a day.

I fail to see what's so impossible about it =\ (Maybe I should include what I have played before I picked up guitar. First post edited)

As I said, if you don't mind, I'll private message all you non-believers probably around this weekend and I can get a video up.

Back on topic, I've played Paranoid, but not Iron Man before. I'll comment no more cause you'll call BS again...
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
Theres a difference to playing a song and making it actually sound like the recording lol..
You may be able to play those songs, but you've been playing longer.

Also, although violen may have helped you with finger strength...it's not going to help with picking. Picking is harder then the fretting hand in my opinion.
Quote by Ze_Metal
You may be able to play those songs, but you've been playing longer.

Also, although violen may have helped you with finger strength...it's not going to help with picking. Picking is harder then the fretting hand in my opinion.

I definitely agree with you.