hey, I got an Ibanez RG350DX the other day and it is made of alder. I had a Gretsch Corvette which i liked a lot but i had to return it because it would cost 300$ to fix. So, i my question is, does the type of wood used make a difference in the sound between Alder and Mahogany? my gretsch had Mahogany and this one has Alder.
Alder is a lot more rounder tonewise as apposed to mahogany. Mahogany is a bit darker sounding.

You won't really notice it though. Not many people do. Especially if you use a lot of gain.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yea, there's a huge sound difference in sound. you'll find that alder will give you a brighter, springier sound, whereas mahogany will give you a darker and deeper sound. it all depends on what you're into though. but you wont get the same sound out of the 2 guitars.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
ok thanks. well im into rock and a little metal, but what do you think about the RG350DX anyways? better than epi les paul?
Not better. Different though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.