I don't believe this question has been asked, but if it has, just reply and I'll delete this.

If the US (or another country) decided to boycott the Olympics, what would you think of that country? Would you admire them for the China/Tibet situation? Or would it not make much noise outside of that country?

I don't think it would make much noise outside of the country that's boycotting.

Discussion?
AT PURDUE!!! ( I think i'm the only one at Purdue that is on the forums....)

Awesome bands YOU! need to check out: Pain of Salvation, Vision Divine, Angra, Ayreon
Already been done. Delete this one and go find that thread.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Already been done. Delete this one and go find that thread.

I looked again, but didn't find anything about what other people think if a country other than theirs boycotted. That's the purpose of this discussion.
AT PURDUE!!! ( I think i'm the only one at Purdue that is on the forums....)

Awesome bands YOU! need to check out: Pain of Salvation, Vision Divine, Angra, Ayreon
Quote by Rockon05ET
I looked again, but didn't find anything about what other people think if a country other than theirs boycotted. That's the purpose of this discussion.

Ugh... you got me on a technicality, although the subject material is the same.

Well, I would think of them as retarded and childish to do such a thing. Regardless of China's unorthodox methods of preparing for The Games, boycotting would just mean that all of the lost homes and livelihoods, and all of the rerouted resources would go to waste.

I will not stand for that. No one else should.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I really don't think any country should boycott the Olympics

So many Athletes train their entire lives to get to an Olympic level and many only get one chance to even compete, to ruin an athletes chances like that over political differences is foolish. The games were meant to be a friendly competition between nations regardless of political differences.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Garret.
I really don't think any country should boycott the Olympics

So many Athletes train their entire lives to get to an Olympic level and many only get one chance to even compete, to ruin an athletes chances like that over political differences is foolish. The games were meant to be a friendly competition between nations regardless of political differences.

+1

Exactly.
Peace.