anyone have any good songs that aren't so hard to get me started in finger picking. I'm going to be picking up a Acoustic guitar in the summer, and want to play the best i can with finger picking. thanks!
LOL
Stairway to Heaven, Dust in the Wind by Kansas, which is very easy, and The Light and the Glass by Coheed and Cambria, which is quite different than the other two, but still pretty easy.
The Lunatic - Pink Floyd(I think)
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by andy_thomas
The Lunatic - Pink Floyd(I think)

omg the lunatic....

the name of that song is Brain Damage
landslide...its a gay song but will help you...also incubus - paper shoes
incubus rocks my world
quick questions guys, what fingers go with what strings? Thumb does the bass strings right? EAD, the rest i dont know, i could be wrong all together
LOL
tears in heaven ftw!
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Tears in heaven.
Try to develop a fingerpicking style that's all your own. I have a pretty different style.
But, tears in heaven taught me how to fingerpick. I just took it from there.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Crazy on You - Heart
Tears in Heaven - Clapton
StH - Zep
...Dare I say it?! Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits! Although, this is an electric fingerpicking song...I guess you could do it acoustically.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Tears in heaven.
Try to develop a fingerpicking style that's all your own. I have a pretty different style.
But, tears in heaven taught me how to fingerpick. I just took it from there.

I don't agree with this advice, learn to fingerpick correctly using your thumb,1st,2nd and 3rd fingers. Make sure you pay attention to clearly defining bass lines and melodies so that it doesn't just sound like arpeggiated chords. Also pick across the strings with your fingers at a 45 degree angle and grow your nails a bit and shape them so that they are shortest toward the top of your finger as you look down at them, helps with picking and tone.

Check out all Tommy Emmanuel videos on youtube to see a master at work, although he does use thumbpicks quite often and hybrid picking a lot too. Also check out Ed Gerhard, amazing fingerstyle guitarist: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wL2qj16Hw_w

Also why not get a book like this one
Last edited by guitarnoize at Apr 9, 2008,
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Crazy on You - Heart
Tears in Heaven - Clapton
StH - Zep
...Dare I say it?! Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits! Although, this is an electric fingerpicking song...I guess you could do it acoustically.

f*** the guitar solo in SOS is f***ing sweet