OK, so I've been taking lessons for the past 2 years from a guy named Chris Moody. I've taken em through a local store, Good Guy Music. Chris is British, and basically my favorite guy ever. He's made me exponentially better, especially compared to my last teacher. I'm so pissed about this!

Any UG'ers experience the same kind of trauma?
Nah, all the teacher's I've ever had were bags of douche. I've always learned more by just practicing extensively. I've yet to find someone awesome like this Chris Moody you speak of...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
i took 3 bass lessons and 2 days after my 3rd lesson the guy quit. i taught myself pretty much everything i know and i think that its been better this way beacuse i've put a lot of hard work into it and developed my own style.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
My guitar teacher left at the end of last year. I had him for one whole year, but it still was a bummer, I quit my lessons after.
my girlfriend left me maybe shes dead
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
My guitar teacher left after 8 years of lessons from when I first started. It turns out I like my new one more...
Your next one will probably be cool.
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic