Is it capable of metal? Is it better amp to pair up with my GT-8 than my peavey classic 50, right now i am looking for metal amp but want a clean sound. My peavey got the clean but not so much the metal.

Any advice?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Roland JC-120 Cannot provide you with a metal tone. I doubt it could even with overdrive pedal.

The GT-8 can help you, but the roland is mainly a amp used for the Effects loop, and it has great jazz tones.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
^Seriously? Because on the demo i watch it say it is the best for stompboxes, multieffexts, etc. Hmm... now i guess i got to get one of them VK, peavey XXX or B-52, or save up for a Mark IV.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
It's about the cleanest amp in the world, there are literally thousands of better choices - your classic 50 would sound far better with the right use of pedals, and maybe different speakers.

If you want a cheap solid-state that handles overdrive well, the Peavey Bandit is alright.
Quote by kyle62
It's about the cleanest amp in the world, there are literally thousands of better choices - your classic 50 would sound far better with the right use of pedals, and maybe different speakers.

If you want a cheap solid-state that handles overdrive well, the Peavey Bandit is alright.

How about the Valveking? It is that much worst than the Classic or can it do everything plust metal but other than metal it is okay at everything maybe okay at metal too
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
It is probably best suited for metal but also does classic rick well and has nice cleans
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
The VK is just more of a spread out classic.
A jack of all trades so to speak (but does mostly everything quite well).
The classic is more for cleans and lower gain tones.
Ask slatsmania about a jazz chorus. He has one. Not sure if he has the 120, but he has a JC.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^Ok, slat give me info.... please
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
The JC does NOT do overdrive. Its built-in overdrive is awful, and I didn't find any OD pedals that it liked. Something cheap like the valveking or windsor (even better if you don't need cleans) would be much better.
I didn't like the clean tone either, for what it's worth.
I had one for two years when I played only jazz. I really liked the clean tone but it didn't take overdrive/distortion pedals nearly as well as everyone says it does. I think it's a good amp but I never liked it for anything but crystal cleans.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by angeldef
^Seriously? Because on the demo i watch it say it is the best for stompboxes, multieffexts, etc. Hmm... now i guess i got to get one of them VK, peavey XXX or B-52, or save up for a Mark IV.

The demo? you mean the one with Johnny DeMarco...
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Tech 21 Trademark 60 for the effin' win!

I may be the only person on UG who's had the pleasure of playing one! Seriously, they pwn.
^ they pwn hard
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Roc8995
The JC does NOT do overdrive. Its built-in overdrive is awful, and I didn't find any OD pedals that it liked. Something cheap like the valveking or windsor (even better if you don't need cleans) would be much better.
I didn't like the clean tone either, for what it's worth.

que? what? jazz chorus amps take effects very well. this includes dirt.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Slayer566
^ they pwn hard

I prefered it to numerous valve amps that I tried out with it, head-to-head, including a Vox AC30, a Marshal JCM2000 and a Fender Super Twin.
Hmmm....tech 21.....

I don't really want to go solid state amp because of my experience with Spider III, which i was able to return (thank god)

So i will try those other ones, VK or B-52. Though i hope i can get one with 15 watt or 30 watt
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
que? what? jazz chorus amps take effects very well. this includes dirt.

My opinion is based on extensive experience with this amp. It takes effects well but NOT dirt. Have you used the amp with distortion or are you just saying what you read on the internet?