So as i assume we all know standard is 4ths with a major 3rd in beetween the G and the B.
So would 5ths or 6th tunings be practical?
I thaught of this because i wanted to have the low strings really low and the high strings really high.
The other thing i thaught of was to drop tune the top 3 strings and keep the bottom in standard. But that would be a massive jump beetween the two. At least this is in proprtion.
So advice? Thaughts? Comments? Whatever
Open C Major Tuning: C G C G C E. Devin Townsend uses it in practically all his music, and it's an interesting tuning to mess with. Or you could use Robert Fripp's New Standard Tuning: C G D A E G.
It's a lot of fun to experiment with new tunings especially open ones

I like to fool around with open D minor tuning, there are a lot of interesting rhythmic and lead concepts you can come with using that.
you just made half of UG poop themselves because your talking theory. noobs all over the world are panicing. "Wait... Does Metallica \m/ lolzorz use that tuningzzs!!!1!11!1" hahaha

its an interesting idea to mess with, but honestly, the guitar was made to be played in 4ths and that little 3rd guy there. Im not saying dont try it, im just saying dont be supprised if its not what you were looking for. let us know how it goes
Quote by bass guy 129
you just made half of UG poop themselves because your talking theory. noobs all over the world are panicing. "Wait... Does Metallica \m/ lolzorz use that tuningzzs!!!1!11!1" hahaha

its an interesting idea to mess with, but honestly, the guitar was made to be played in 4ths and that little 3rd guy there. Im not saying dont try it, im just saying dont be supprised if its not what you were looking for. let us know how it goes

Guitar was also made to be played acoustically But people got curious and now look at the guitar world. I believe trying out different tunings with just open doors to new stuff.
Quote by bass guy 129

Fear me for i am the allmighty internet poop inducer!!!
Nothing can save the non-theory-ites from soiled undergarments!!!
Seriously though thanks for the advice. I think ill try it in fifths with a fourth in there and 6ths with a 5th in there.