i'm watching "idol gives back" on TV and i'm watching forrest whitaker talking about how we only need so much money to save the world or something and i asked myself...why don't the celebrites, the people in america most capable of donating money, solve the problem themselves? i'm sure they could all get together and round up a billion dollars no problem.
if all countries are stable and capable of competing in the world markets there will be more poverty in developed nations. they dont want the world to get out of poverty (read that as part of my business degree).
Miley Cyrus sang on that earlier.

She's hot.

But yes, I agree with you.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Some celebrities DO give back... just not enough :/
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
A lot of celebrities do give back, and the whole point of things like Idol Gives Back is so that they can inspire us commonfolk to join them in doing so.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by schecter_guy
i'm watching "idol gives back" on TV and i'm watching forrest whitaker talking about how we only need so much money to save the world or something and i asked myself...why don't the celebrites, the people in america most capable of donating money, solve the problem themselves? i'm sure they could all get together and round up a billion dollars no problem.

Essetially, the root of it lies in image. The celebrities attempt to get a respectful image by preaching their commitment to a global issue and 'raising awareness' in exchange for opportunity and respect, leading to press attention, which then proceeds to monetary gain from bookings etc etc. So, most are doing the tactful thing and jumping on this 'good cause' bandwagon so they get their name out and gain money from it in the long run. People like Forest Whittaker however, don't intend to solve it for themself, they are either paid to promote it, or get paid via other means and gain publicity and a good image by doing so. However, people like Al Gore do it for the passion in their cause. People like FalloutBoy do it for fame, glory and money and not practicing what they preach, the hypocritical ****ers.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM