First of all what do you think of Traynor amps? Which Traynor will get me that John Mayer or Eric Clapton bluesy tone. Or do you think i should just buy a fender. I am probably going to find something used on ebay though.
Traynor YCV 40 is a great amp. I had the 80 watt version for 5 years, and never had a problem till I dropped it on a 20 set of stairs, then it had a problem. I used to actually John Mayer on it, but mostly used it for metal and hard rock actually.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i love traynors, they sound amazing and are so underrated. go with the ycv 40 if your looking for a new one, but i think the ones from the 70's are far better, like the guitar mate and the ysr-1. both of those are on ebay at the moment and definitly want to check them out.

the ysr-1 is basically like a plexi on a budget without the marshall name, great amp.
I'm getting a YCV50 very soon, and I will use it for Froosh, Clapton, Page, Hendrix, Lifeson like material.
Quote by jcopello
i love traynors, they sound amazing and are so underrated. go with the ycv 40 if your looking for a new one, but i think the ones from the 70's are far better, like the guitar mate and the ysr-1. both of those are on ebay at the moment and definitly want to check them out.

the ysr-1 is basically like a plexi on a budget without the marshall name, great amp.

The older Traynors are great values, although people are starting to catch on. Ptp hand-wired, built like tanks, and a wonderful sound.

THe YSR's are great guitar amps, but it's the YBA-1 Bass Master that's the Plexi clone. I have the YBA-2A, which also sold as a bass amp, but makes an outstanding guitar amp as well. Puts out 20-25W out of 2 EL84's, probably similar power to the amp you linked, but no effects. Just a volume, bass, and treble. No nonsense tone. It's the head version of this amp.

I'm a big fan of Traynor, and would go with them over Fender, whether you're going new or vintage. Fender gets the nod when you move into their higher end items, but dollar for dollar, Traynor has them beat.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.