Hello people

I got myself my first electric guitar an American Strat Deluxe, but am not satisfied with the way it sounds. I think it's not properly set up,- the strings are too thin. I wanted to get heavier strings but the guys at guitar center told me that putting thicker strings would raise the bridge and I would need to adjust it.
Could anyone tell me how that is done?

Thank you
Probably the wrong spot for this question... but I'm such a nice guy that I will answer it.

You simply have to unscrew the cover on the backside of the guitar body (Under the pickups and bridge)... you will see the Springs that hold the bridge down.

Looks like this:
http://www.5thstringberkeley.com/64%20Fender%20Strat%20back%20close.JPG

The screws that are on the side nearest the neck... they need to be tightened more, that way the springs are more taught, and the neck will stay down with heavier strings.

Heavier strings will change the sound a little... but let me emphasize a little.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
just find someone to set it up, a professional, i have learned not to trust the guys at guitar center.
Quote by TDMize15
Probably the wrong spot for this question... but I'm such a nice guy that I will answer it.

You simply have to unscrew the cover on the backside of the guitar body (Under the pickups and bridge)... you will see the Springs that hold the bridge down.

Looks like this:
http://www.5thstringberkeley.com/64%20Fender%20Strat%20back%20close.JPG

The screws that are on the side nearest the neck... they need to be tightened more, that way the springs are more taught, and the neck will stay down with heavier strings.

Heavier strings will change the sound a little... but let me emphasize a little.

I disagree, I think going from say 9's to 11's on a strat changes the tone of the guitar a lot. I recently did this with my American Deluxe Stratocaster and songs like Pride and Joy sound much better and fuller.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You'll get better responses in Electric Guitar or Guitar Gear and Accessories.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.