Over the weekend I got a deep burn on my left index finger.

It swelled into a blister on Sunday, and then Monday it split down the middle. The edges of it kept getting caught on stuff and I couldn't take it so I pulled the whole thing off, exposing a raw spot, as if a callous had come off. It's Wednesday now, and I don't think it's healed much. I can see a thin layer of skin coming over it, but nothing major. I stopped putting bandages on it today in hopes it would heal faster, but no. Just got dirt in it and I had to clean it out (painfully).

Think it will heal by Sunday? I need to play guitar then, and I can't with this burn.

Any advice?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
pics
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

You should try learning to play your guitar with your teeth. It's a much more realistic goal.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
pics or it didnt happen

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I can't get pics tonight, but maybe tomorrow.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I can pretty much guarantee not. I accidently cut off the tip (nail forward) of my fretting index finger last summer (long story) however, its pretty much impossible to play with that much a raw spot, because your brain won't let you push down hard enough to actually fret something if it hurts... and hammer ons are so painful your arm will lock up.

It will be a couple weeks before you are back to full steam... it took me about a week before I could even play without tearing up from pain, and I had to play slow and for like a minute at a time.
rub some dirt in it and walk it off?

i don't know
learn everything in drop D or something until it gets better for rhythem
lead...well, you're screwed
burns = cold/cool water, not ice.

I don't know if anything will speed up the healing process, your body just has to repair/replace the tissue.

I share your pain though, I have a broken finger with an infection that is slowly turning my entire finger blue and puffy, and useless. Hopefully the antibiotics will do their job.
id sa switch your hands around. fight hand does the fretting and left does the picking. youd have to play with your arms crossed, or you cold buy a lefty guitar
but seriously, i don't think it it will be a whole lot better by sunday, but maybe a little bit better
if you realy really need to, your just going to have to tough it out
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by sweeppicker91'
superglue

this man speaks truth...its like an invisible bandaid.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Cauterize the wound...

If you disagree with anything I say, just take it as a joke
...or go to hell

just do it. i work in a kitchen and cut the end of my fretting ring finger off one night. i play punk so power chords are a must. i got home, took some pain killers, and just played. after a few hours it will toughen up again.
Quote by whatever182281
just do it. i work in a kitchen and cut the end of my fretting ring finger off one night. i play punk so power chords are a must. i got home, took some pain killers, and just played. after a few hours it will toughen up again.

Or you could scrunch and play them with your pinky and not bear excruciating pain?
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.