A soldier was finally coming home after having had fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.
"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me."

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

God let this story not be true.
Quote by nestman
A soldier was finally coming home after having had fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.
"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me."

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

I would've stopped at God, had it not been strategically placed right at the end.
lol
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
sucks to be him:/ not much you can do about that...

sounds like that wouldn't have happened if he had let them in on it, parents would do it for their son...

EDIT: How is that inspiring? its depressing
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Last edited by TOcheesehead at Apr 9, 2008,
thats a very sad story....but who is that someone we supposedly have?
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
It's his own fault, he tricked them. He said it was a "friend" but it was really him.

And how did he afford to make a phonecall from san fransisco? That must've cost him an arm and a leg.

yeah sorry, sorry =P
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Retro Rocker
I would've stopped at God, had it not been strategically placed right at the end.

+1 why do all stories like this have to have that hidden someplace

poor guy, he's kinda stupid though (if he's even real)
actually i added "god let this not be true"
And i was just using the phrase. very messed up though
Quote by Retro Rocker
i always read the last line of these things first. i didnt have to read any of it at all.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I wouldn't date anyone with mono,
but if it were my girlfriend right now, I'd still **** her.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
I do hope this story isn't true. Because honestly, there's a big difference between your son and a complete stranger. The moral doesn't really work that well.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
I do hope this story isn't true. Because honestly, there's a big difference between your son and a complete stranger. The moral doesn't really work that well.

Well the difference is actually the point. You see, the son tricked his parents to see what they really thought rather than what they would tell him if he came home without an arm and a leg.
Quote by Raijin.xiii
I wouldn't date anyone with mono,
but if it were my girlfriend right now, I'd still **** her.

eh? I think you're in the wrong thread
Quote by Trabo
how did he jump off the building with only 1 leg

Bad jokee
Quote by TOcheesehead

sounds like that wouldn't have happened if he had let them in on it, parents would do it for their son...

Well said. Pretty pointless story, that guy was an idiot.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by nestman
Well the difference is actually the point. You see, the son tricked his parents to see what they really thought rather than what they would tell him if he came home without an arm and a leg.

there's a difference between letting someone into your house whom you've never met, as opposed to your own bloodline.

you need to think a little deeper here.

would you help your neighbor buy their first car because you did for your son?
would you pick up a stranger's kid from his hockey practice?
...no.

and don't say yes, because you'd be a retarded ****ing liar.
there's a difference between sentimental value and things we have no feeling for. our tied emotions (and in turn, actions) are spawned by our knowledge and intimacy about whatever the subject is.
Quote by Oligarchy

Quote by jimmyjimjim

Quote by jdotp
Quote by samick007
eh? I think you're in the wrong thread

it was a metaphor..
Quote by Oligarchy

Quote by jimmyjimjim

Quote by jdotp
Quote by Retro Rocker

This story is stupid. Saying "I'm crippled" is entirely different from saying "I'm coming home and I'm also bringing another dude who is crippled home for you guys to take care of".
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by samick007
ooh ok now I get it.

my bad

yeah it was a bit obscure lol.
I don't think you're a retard or anything.
Quote by Oligarchy

Quote by jimmyjimjim

Quote by jdotp
Quote by Raijin.xiii
there's a difference between letting someone into your house whom you've never met, as opposed to your own bloodline.

you need to think a little deeper here.

Well thats why he asked, he wanted to know how they felt about caring for a person with only one arm and leg. And they said it was a burden to care for a cripple, so that would probobly apply to there son as well.

would you help your neighbor buy their first car because you did for your son?
would you pick up a stranger's kid from his hockey practice?
...no.

and don't say yes, because you'd be a retarded ****ing liar.
there's a difference between sentimental value and things we have no feeling for. our tied emotions (and in turn, actions) are spawned by our knowledge and intimacy about whatever the subject is.

1) I see your point, but i have to assume that the guy who has lived with his parents for many years knows them well enough to ask the right questions. If he was asking for a stranger to stay with them they specifically say it is because of his cripplenesssss.

2) Its a bit different because the parents say they would love to have the stranger, and then when he says the stranger is disabled the thoughts change.
Quote by nestman

2) Its a bit different because the parents say they would love to have the stranger, and then when he says the stranger is disabled the thoughts change.

yeah that was the intended moral of the story..
but it's irrelevant since it's not their actual kid.. hence my argument.
Quote by Oligarchy

Quote by jimmyjimjim

Quote by jdotp
Quote by Kensai
It's his own fault, he tricked them. He said it was a "friend" but it was really him.

And how did he afford to make a phonecall from san fransisco? That must've cost him an arm and a leg.

yeah sorry, sorry =P
Quote by Raijin.xiii
yeah that was the intended moral of the story..
but it's irrelevant since it's not their actual kid.. hence my argument.

Well thats why he asked, he wanted to know how they felt about caring for a person with only one arm and leg. And they said it was a burden to care for a cripple, so that would probobly apply to there son as well.
Quote by nestman

You know why? Because everybody has their own problems to deal with. Only a handful of people are kind, compassionate, and open enough to accomodate other people's problems.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
dont know if anyone said it yet but how did he jump off a building with only one leg?
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by Kensai

yeah sorry, sorry =P
Don't be sorry - that was awesome.

That isn't inspirational, as previously stated.
Quote by kikaykitko
You know why? Because everybody has their own problems to deal with. Only a handful of people are kind, compassionate, and open enough to accomodate other people's problems.

I disagree? I think that it's all based on situational factors. Look up altruism, helping other people just seems to make sense to people at some unconscious level.

Quote by led/head
dont know if anyone said it yet but how did he jump off a building with only one leg?

Carefully

/not making sense.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Bushinarin
I disagree? I think that it's all based on situational factors. Look up altruism, helping other people just seems to make sense to people at some unconscious level.

Thank you.

And yes it wasnt inspirational, i admit, but i was having an anxiety attack and i got this in my email so there!!!!

Quote by Kensai

yeah sorry, sorry =P

Ahahaha!! That just made my night. Thanks.
There's a valuable lesson in this thread

Don't try to move the pit, it'll just laugh in your face

not entirely true, but oh well..
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by nestman

No, he wanted to know what they felt about caring for a bloody stranger that they have never met and have no connection with who only had one arm and leg AS WELL AS their son. He was ****ing stupid for asking the question that way, and then killing his idiot self for the answer he tricked his parents into providing.

And after all this idiocy, for some reason you bring up god at the end? God had nothing to do with anything! If god was so great, why the hell did the idiot lose his appendages in the first place?

"Hey mom, I'm coming home!"
"Oh, that's great honey"
"And I'm bringing a girl!"
"Oh, fantastic! I can't wait to meet her!"
"Yeah, there's just one thing: she's crippled from the neck down and requires constant care and attention, which I expect you to alter your life entirely on short notice to provide."
"..... What?"
"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME *suicide*"

Ah, so inspiring.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Apr 9, 2008,
....ive seen this before but where?.....

oh yea its just like every other retarded myspace chain letter
i'm sure the parents would've thought differently if they knew it had been their son.