Is it normal for your volume to drop when you turn on your effects loop?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
No and i think all you need to do is turn the volume up on ur FX to match the volume of ur amp (or more if you want louder) and that might do it
Well I don't use loop often but I bought an ISP Decimator Noise Gate today and I heard that it works better Looped and when I put my effects from the front inputs into the loop, I lost some tone and volume. I'm just wondering If this is normal because I have no experience with FX loops.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I don't think the Decimator works its best in the effects loop.

If you had a Boss NS-2, the story would be different.

Drop the Decimator in front of your amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ok, forget about the decimator for now. Even without it, with just my Tubescreamer, when its off the volume goes to like half with the loop on? Could it be like a faulty wiring thing because I had the guy who built my JCM to install it for $15?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
Ok, forget about the decimator for now. Even without it, with just my Tubescreamer, when its off the volume goes to like half with the loop on? Could it be like a faulty wiring thing because I had the guy who built my JCM to install it for $15?

It could be that.

Do you have a level knob for your loop? It could be that your loop level is turned down too much. It can easily be rectified by turning the level knob up a few notches.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^No there doesn't seem to be a level knob, but knowing my techy, he could have place a potentiometer on the inside of the chasis. Is it common to have a level pot?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
^No there doesn't seem to be a level knob, but knowing my techy, he could have place a potentiometer on the inside of the chasis. Is it common to have a level pot?

It's not really common but it's also not unheard of.

My Laney has a level knob.

If it doesn't have a knob, there should be a switch that boosts the effects loop. My old Marshall had a 16db and a 25 db boost on the loop.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
^Ok, I might take it apart to look for a hidden switch or pot on the chasis but you say that the Decimator is better out of loop anyway?

If thats the case, it really doesn't matter if the loop works or not.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
^Ok, I might take it apart to look for a hidden switch or pot on the chasis but you say that the Decimator is better out of loop anyway?

If thats the case, it really doesn't matter if the loop works or not.

Well, I think that the loop thing only works with suppressor pedals that have the added 'send' and 'return' outputs like the Boss NS-2.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster