For the past 3-4 years i have been playing off a cort guitar thats finally getting too worn down for me. As of right now, i'm looking to buy a new intermediate/advance skill grade guitar. The price range i'm aiming for is under $1000. Right now i'm looking at the schecter c-1 classic, some les paul knock-offs, and some gretch guitars and guitars with the bigsby tremolo. I was wondering if you guys had any other recommendations, thanks.
Quote by fitbband
guitars arent graded with skill, its graded by quality.

this post is filled with win.
amp- marshall MG100DFX, and i play a lot of rock, for gigs i play more rythm than shred though
Quote by mr.bamf
amp- marshall MG100DFX, and i play a lot of rock, for gigs i play more rythm than shred though

hmmm, i would say spend your money on a new amp before you get another guitar.
Ibanez RG2550Z. Get a better amp though, such as ENGL Thunder or Screamer.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
the amp will come after the guitar, my guitar right now is literally falling apart
Quote by SQHero
Ibanez RG2550Z. Get a better amp though, such as ENGL Thunder or Screamer.

yes. ENGL's are pure pwnage.
Quote by mr.bamf
the amp will come after the guitar, my guitar right now is literally falling apart

in that case i would have to say either the ibanez suggested above or either a schecter or prs.
The Classic's a great guitar. Feature loaded and very versatile.

If you already have other monies slated for the amp, I'd definitely say to go for the Classic. If you're planning on using the remainder of the money after getting the guitar, then might I suggest possibly looking at the Schecter C-1 Artist Limited ( http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-C-1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar-518187-i1149930.gc ). Also a very versatile guitar. Genuine SD pickups and a special switch that allows for a lot of varied tones. It's also a bit less, thus you'd be able to apply even more funds towards a much better amp.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
what guitar do you have now? and how is it falling appart??
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
i say get an agile al 300 or 3100 and change the pups into seymour duncan jb and 59s