i got a boss metalzone mt-2 pedal like a year ago and it was great for playing really heavy metal stuff, but im not so much into that kinda music anymore. i was wondering if anyone knows how to tweak the level/dist/equalizer/settings knobs on it to create a poppy sound? thnx in advance
No chance in hell.

The only way you'll get a good pop sound is by turning the pedal off, selling it, and getting an overdrive or a light distortion or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No chance in hell.

The only way you'll get a good pop sound is by turning the pedal off, selling it, and getting an overdrive or a light distortion or something.

+1

But, i've played with it b4 and u can put the tone a little higher and the gain low with around a 5 setting on the level....

metal zone is for metal....
sorry to steal the thread, but could you get a chevelle style tone with one?
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
ahh damn.. do know what would be a good pedal to use? i want a sound kinda like zolof the rock and roll destroyer or maybe a sound kinda like boys like girls... something a long those lines.. thanks anyway
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No chance in hell.

+1

I just recently got this pedal, and I love it... though I'm still experimenting with tone (right now I face the problem of too much distortion)

great for metal, poor for anything else. invest in a better amp and/or pedal
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
heaps of mids, little bit of bass boost, flat treble, lowest gain possible, and high vol. But like H4T3BR33D3R said, your best chance is with an OD or distortion pedal, maybe a Boss OD-1 or DS-2? Congrats on coming back from the dark side
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i know most ppl on this board probable hate them.. but does anyone know a pedal that i could use to create like a Fall Out Boy kinda sound? if theres absolutly no way to tweak the metal zone MT-2 to do that i dont wanna spend money lol
Quote by tzy
i know most ppl on this board probable hate them.. but does anyone know a pedal that i could use to create like a Fall Out Boy kinda sound? if theres absolutly no way to tweak the metal zone MT-2 to do that i dont wanna spend money lol

Well since Fall out Boy like to use Dual Rectifiers, you could probably get a similar sound to the modern channel due to the fact that the pedal is quite scoopy sounding.

Try boosting the mids, cutting the treble and boosting the bass a little bit.

Keep the gain at 5-6ish.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.