So here's my idea,
I want a strat, but i want a floyd, i also want a maple fretboard, as well as a HSS pickup configuration... picky i know.
So heres the thing
I can buy a HSS Fat strat, that has a floyd, but it has a rosewood fretboard (the floyd is rubbish ne ways)
I can also buy a HSS Fat strat with a maple fretboard, but it has no floyd
So i figure that the easiest way to do it is to buy the HSS With a maple fretboard and no floyd. Then ill rip out that junky ass humbucker they put in and put a P90 or sommin like that in the bridge.
Now for the interesting part. Since i want the floyd, and i want it recessed and not just mounted on top of the body, im going to have to do some routing.
Now heres where you'll think im crazy. Rather then routing a proper cavity for the bridge to sit in, could i not just extend the bridge cavity towards the tail of the guitar? This would mean that rather than having a small cavity in the shape of the bridge, i would have a large hole directly through the guitar allowing the bridge to move freely. It seems like an easy solution to me, and i really couldnt care less if it depreciates in value. It seams like a perfect idea to me, the only downfall i can think of is that i would be jeopordising the guitars tone by altering the body, but i cant see it making much of a noticeable difference.

Tell me what you think?
but then i wouldn't be using the fender neck, and id be using the rubbish licensed floyd rather then the original
OK, Warmoth is licensed to create high quality Fender necks... Warmoth>Fender if you spend the money. Fender also OWN the license to Floyd Rose, so it's original.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
do the warmoth necks have the exact same radius and finish as the fenders?
Yes, check their site.

they dont offer a "floyd rose nut preparation" on any strat necks with a maple fretboard...
Bummers dude. Why maple anyways... I HATE maple because it takes sooooo long to clean on, especially the older JEMs with pyramid inlay.

Quote by SQHero
OK, Warmoth is licensed to create high quality Fender necks... Warmoth>Fender if you spend the money. Fender also OWN the license to Floyd Rose, so it's original.

Uh what? Floyd owns the license. Fender licensed units are not something I've tried, but it's rumored Ping makes them (blarg!). Seriously, adding a Flody to a Strat is an easy hour long job. All you need is a dremel to make the nut shelf and a drill to drill the holes for the studs. It's much easier to go non recessed when you're modifying an existing guitar.
Fender owns right to Floyd Rose.
EDIT: OK I want to say that the right to Floyd Rose belongs to Fender since they bought Jackson. All the licenses for Floyd Rose are now belong to us, I mean Fender.

Quote by SQHero
Fender owns right to Floyd Rose.

You must also own a crack pipe.

EDIT: Jackson/Charvel never owned anything Floyd Rose. Kramer owned the distribution rights when they first came out, but that deal ran dry 25 odd years ago. Floyd Rose has always owned the rights and patents. Schallers owns the distribution rights IIRC.

but i need it recessed lol =]

Why out of interest? You want to do pull ups I take it?
Am I missing out on something CJRocker? Enlighten me (not sarcasm).

Quote by SQHero
Am I missing out on something CJRocker? Enlighten me (not sarcasm).

See my edit
k so the warmoth necks look pretty good, besides the fact that theyre super expensive...
Thanks, but I've always heard something that sort. I still think Fender owns to patent to Floyd Rose (not because they acquired Jackson my bad).

base is 157 and with the floyd rose its like 200 bucks just for the neck
Quote by SQHero
Thanks, but I've always heard something that sort. I still think Fender owns to patent to Floyd Rose (not because they acquired Jackson my bad).

If Fender owned it they would be putting OFRs on everything and they would not need to put Licesned Under Floyd Rose Pat. on their stuff UNLESS made by a third party for them, which makes it a bit mroe complicated.
FR is its own company... fender doesnt own them just jackson, and by owning jackson they own the rights to jacksons licensed floyds... k so back to the issue
K well you could get a whole new customized guitar from Warmoth or taken my suggestion and get a neck with an OFR (if the one there isn't). Cheaper than making your own.

but would it not be easiest to simply do my original plan and put the floyd in the stock strat?
Quote by Dyziac
but would it not be easiest to simply do my original plan and put the floyd in the stock strat?

I sent you a private message. Look at it, if you want a suggestion.
Urg all the drilling mods turns me off on that plan, but I think if it works for you then go for it.

Have you also looked at the new Schecter Stilleto thats HSS and has a Gotoh? Or the Jacksons soloists? Getting picky in brand and in neck wood is not that great of an idea.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
^ That's why I recommended the Super Vee. No routing required; you can set it up yourself.

If that's a good bridge then yea but he wants recessed body.

For the love of god, buy a used Charvel of some kind and be done with. CX390 would probably fit the bill nicely, and at around $200 you would have enough for new pickups. HSS, Recessed Floyd, pickguard mounted electronics, dinky body, 22 fret neck.