Okay, my tuner's battery is dead, and until I have the chance to get another one, is there a way I can tune half-step down by ear?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
yes, you know how to tune by holding down the fifth fret on each string except for the g string and matching those tones with the open string above (tone wise) right? well first match the low e string 6th fret with open a, then regular tune from there
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
thanks!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
no problem, i do it all the time
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
tune A string to 4th fret low E, then tune the rest like you normally would. Think its in a sticky somewhere
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
Quote by :-D
No, fourth fret, that's Ab. Tuning to the sixth fret would make the A string a Bb.

no dude, he's saying down tune the e string, then match it with the a string using the 6th fret, which would produce Eb
Quote by martyr1130
no dude, he's saying down tune the e string, then match it with the a string using the 6th fret, which would produce Eb

Yeah, you're right. I misread that.