Page 1 of 3
UPDATED http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mCwbOdHg6s

okay a demonstration by a black belt i recorded. And yeah the vid is really ****ty so i'm not gonna post the actual fight. A friend taped it on an actual video camera so when he sends it to me, THEN i'll upload it.

Here's the chronicle of what happened. I was all set the fight the kid i did all the other competitions. Mr. Lee, his made coach, told me i was going to do it. At the last second the producers stepped in and decided to use a white belt who was given a "field promotion" to yellow. The main factor was that i already fought the kid in practice and soundly beat him 3-0. And my breaking and forms were also extremely advanced--my flying sidekick was being missed by red belts(one step below black). Anyway they decided that they wanted the kid to do well and not just lose quick so they changed it. Sorry guys. Although i can't say i blame them. When i did spare i got first with every one being 3-0 (once you get to three they end the match, although they did it different for the made thing). So First in Board breaks, first in forms and first in sparing. The made kid also got first in all three, he was in different division for those since he did the white belt form since he only got his yellow a week ago. And the "first" in sparing was the one fight he did, unlike everyone else who does 2-3 fights in a bracket. Although our fights are 1 minute long first to 3 affairs. his was a 2 minute per round 3 round fight.
And that fight was very....borderline. They were tied and the 3 round was sudden death. The other guy got a kick on him and some judges counted it (theres five judges, one at each corner and a center. Each calls weather they saw a point or not and then majority rules). They declare the other guy the winner, but then the judges confer a bit and declare that although 2 ruled for the point, one didn't see, another 2 ruled against it, and therefore it didn't count and they start over. The made kid wins on the second sudden death. It was kinda shady (i was pretty sure it was a point from the stands). The boards and forms he won are fine, it was presided over by the grand masters, all of whom were born in Korea and half don't even speak English. And would never give up their honor for fudging points for a tv show. These guys also watched the match too (although the normal masters were the judges) so i would've thought they'd speak up if anything was amiss.

Anyway I'll still be in the show in some way. I fought him once already and that segment should be in the show, although not as big a segment as the main fight i was supposed to do. I hung out with the kid for awhile there since we were next to each other waiting. He's a real cool kid to tell the truth. They actually do a lot for the show and for six weeks he's been doing 3-4 hour TKD workouts every day. He said the problem is he admits to being a little bitch during the first week, but he's afraid some crafty editing will make him look like a douche longer. Plus they always filmed him trying to do 30 pushups at the end of these 4 hour workouts when he's dead tired and will probably cut out the 4 hours of weight lifting and running and practicing.

oh another note about the fight if you guys watch it on mtv. They actually had everyone sit on one side of the gym to make it look like the place was packed.

And the made coach gave the kid this headband with the tao symbol on it in this touching karate kid ripoff moment. Of course as he ties it around his head, the coach says "this is special and just for you. No one else is wearing a headband." Of course I'm RIGHT BEHIND the kid in the background wearing that blue headband i have on." They did three takes of that scene though. In one, I'm actually putting my headband on, as he says this. Another i'm in the shot with my headband on. They did a third though where i'm not really in the picture (so it depends on what shot they take). I was talking with the kid right after that and he noticed me doing this and thought it was hilarious (he's been kinda fed up with the staging after awhile.)

Not as the whiny kid being made. He's becoming a tae kwon do fighter and they needed someone to fight him (I go to Marquette, but we're affiliated with the school that's running it). And since i'm a low belt of about high school age, i fight him for the "grand challenge."

I made a thread like this awhile back but i think i deleted it for some reason.

Anyway we had a light sparing match today. 1 round. And i think i will fight him again for the "finale" on the weekend at our school's tourney. I won 3-0 (a dad of another kid came up later and told me it was closer to 10-0, something i had suspected). Anyone want any more details on the fight or the show, ask. It airs in end of may. I'm wearing a blue headband. I also tried to sneak in a few UREH's! on my kicks for you guys.

EDIT: yellow belt btw. I'm upgrading to purple next week. I would consider myself a bit "better" at sparing then normal since we focus heavily on the college teams practices.

Update: see page five

i came out looking douchier than i had hoped
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Apr 14, 2008,
Badass. Remind us when it is about to air.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Awesome. I don't think Vincent will be too happy though.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Awesome. I don't think Vincent will be too happy though.

why, because i'm actually fighting someone and not dicking around in his live action rpg club?
Sweet.

When you fight him go for the eyes, they're like the groin of the head.

Oh, and for awesomeness of it, try to get the "Lol wut" pear in the shot somehow...Like...get a friend to hold up a picture of it in the crowd or get someone to paint it on your face.

Br00tal

Ok, back to physics...Stay out of college kids, it's nothing but lies!
dud thats sweet. ill try an catch that episode even though i hate that show.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
so remember:
1. shout UG! when you win and..
2. get that pear on camera
dude you posted this same exact thread about a month ago....

SORRYEDIT: i didn't read it all.

my apologies
Last edited by dfc_jebus at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by evilgerbil666
Sweet.

When you fight him go for the eyes, they're like the groin of the head.

no punching to the head.

The fight was actually pretty easy for me. He doesn't have the flexibility to hit any higher than my gut. (TKD is almost all kicks). I just kinda danced around him the entire match and snaped in when i saw a hole. Near the end, i just kept going for head shots, not easy btw because the kid is FAT. i have to really extend my leg around to get around his body and on a path to his head.

As for "rigging" the show, the judges were pretty obviously weighing their stuff towards the kid. I had a good contact at one, and two judges called the point, but one waved it off for some reason. I got kinda pissed so i immediately snaped out of the gate when we lined back up and got a quick point. There was also a jump roundhouse that i went for his head (which i'm positive connected well). But he happened to body check me as i hit him so i fell down, and the judges ruled it not a point (when it still should've been). Oh well, the kid know he got kicked in the side of the head.
Quote by dfc_jebus

he told us that. the difference is now he is sure that he will be on the show. before, he was only being considered.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by dfc_jebus

yeah i know, i kinda deleted it. Otherwise i'd just update that one.
Quote by StealthyHayze
remind us l8r, kthxbye

airs in late may/end june.

I'll get a DVD of the show in the mail (talked to the producer) so if i can't link to the episode, i'll post it somewhere (youtube takes it down for copyright violations, so i'll find something)
thats cool. remind us when its closer to the time it airs. otherwise i might forget to watch.
Quote by Flying Couch
When they introduce you, have them play the UG theme song behind you.

I was thinking more along the lines of "living in america"

rocky reference ftw!
On of my friends was supposed to be on there for like a second or two in one episode.. She was at some volleyball camp with this girl who wanted to be.. well a volleyball player.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Make a pit reference during the match man. Like if they ask you if he improved just answer i just did it for the LULZ.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
I was thinking more along the lines of "living in america"

rocky reference ftw!
Ha, that's good.

At least, in your best child-molester voice, say "You gonna get raped" right before the fight. And make the face that's on that pic people always post.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
yeah i know, i kinda deleted it. Otherwise i'd just update that one.

ahh sorry bout that, i didnt read everything.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
airs in late may/end june.

I'll get a DVD of the show in the mail (talked to the producer) so if i can't link to the episode, i'll post it somewhere (youtube takes it down for copyright violations, so i'll find something)

google video doesnt
so thats where it shall go...?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
brutal as ****, dude.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Okay, just a note, i can't do a whole bunch of UG references. The ureh thing is the best i can do and even then its not much (everyone grunts when they kick to some extent. Its unhealthy to not to).

But anyway, i fight him Saturday again.
**** him up real bad.

Then scream, "You just got made!"

Or don't show up the day of and send in a napkin with a drawing of a goldfish wearing cowboy boots. Claim to be said drawing and proceed to fight as a napkin-fish.
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Apr 11, 2008,
Quote by CatchTheRhythm
Make a pit reference during the match man. Like if they ask you if he improved just answer i just did it for the LULZ.

Just no...
In/Rainbows
Let us know when it's on.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
print the pear on a tshirt and wear it!

and scream the whole time UG
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Page 1 of 3