Hey

I got meself a nice new podx3live:

Im looking at 2 connectors/adapters :

-1/4" Male to 1/8" Female (for connecting headphones)
http://www.music123.com/Monster-Cable-1-4--Male-Stereo-to-1-8--Female-Stereo-Cable-Adapter-330086-i1172780.Music123

-XLR Male to 1/4" Female (for connecting a guitar to the aux in)
http://www.music123.com/Monster-Cable-Male-XLR-to-1-4--Female-Stereo-Cable-Adapter-330092-i1172785.Music123

I know how Monster Cable is generally a ripoff on cables but is it true for all of their stuff?
Basically - i was wondering if the above two are worth the price - the Planet Waves, American Recorder (art) and Hosa ones are cheaper but these appear to be sturdier and better built.

Any inputs??

Thanks
Last edited by Big_boi at Apr 11, 2008,
I generally use cheap patch cables because there is a minuscule chance that you are going to trip on them.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
yeah - im hopefully getting one soon and would also like to know about these connectors
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
no it is not worth it. if you are looking at getting top of the line plugs look at neutrik.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
But arent Neutrik just connectors for the end of cables???

Anyone - plz help
Quote by Big_boi
But arent Neutrik just connectors for the end of cables???

Anyone - plz help

Yes. You're looking at adapters, not connectors, hence (more than likely) the confusion.

You could probably find cheaper just as good adapters, but I honestly have never heard anything about Monster adapters. Their A/V cables are a complete ripoff, though.
sorry my bad. I just read connectors and thought plugs.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
stay away from monster cables, and adapter...they are overpriced and not worth it.

Neutrik is a good company to stick with IMO but i have no problems using lower end cables like brands of LiveWire or Hosha