..find a guitar with one humbucker, one volume nob, and a good neck--without a trem?

I've been considering making my own, but I don't think it'd be worth it..
doesnt the tom delongue strat fit this description?

could be wrong, but...
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
http://ranguitars.com/annihilator.htm
great guitar
or just order a complete custom
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Also consider Les Paul Junior-type models, or, many guitars by Kramer only have the one pickup.

You'll also be dealing with a tone knob too, but they can be easily ignored or removed.
*throws himself to the floor multible times*

Why would you sacrifice a pick up? You know there's pick up switches that turn the pick up off right? If you're going "for looks" just quit now. Nobody needs more "hannah montanna" or other image promoters. We need real music, and we need it now. Music is dying.

Wait it died. RIP
Quote by nan0
*throws himself to the floor multible times*

Why would you sacrifice a pick up? You know there's pick up switches that turn the pick up off right? If you're going "for looks" just quit now. Nobody needs more "hannah montanna" or other image promoters. We need real music, and we need it now. Music is dying.

Wait it died. RIP

Wow. Looks like it's time for someone's medication.

The first part of his rant was ok though, you are going to want more versatility at one time, in the future. Why rape yourself a new one right now, just for looks?

Seriously, consider (at least) a two humbucker guitar.
Quote by Y00p
Wow. Looks like it's time for someone's medication.

The first part of his rant was ok though, you are going to want more versatility at one time, in the future. Why rape yourself a new one right now, just for looks?

Seriously, consider (at least) a two humbucker guitar.

+1. You never realize how much you use something until you don't have it anymore.
Along that line of reasoning i'll say Nashville Telecaster (just to say it) A bucker in the bridge a standard Tele neck pup for alternative ect. and a strat style middle pup. Very versatile. Oh and no trem.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I'm throwing an EMG 81 in whichever guitar I'm getting, and that's all I need.

It'll have everything I need, and nothing I don't.
can i just ask why do you want a guitar like that? just want to know why, i actually prefer the neck humbucker than anything.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Because it's the only pickup I use. Why would I want something on my guitar that I don't use?
Quote by HandsomeFrank

Hmm, out of this post I conlude that you've got a guitar (or two) that does the versatile part? If so, then yay to you!

The Ran's are awesome-o, I heard (from people as well as from the amp)...
Yes--I already have other guitars.

I want a simple guitar that is to the point. It's not a complicated build, so why is it so hard to find one that won't cost me so much?
Quote by HandsomeFrank

you don't even know what your new guitar is going to sound like, but you already have your heart set on an EMG81?!?!
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by HandsomeFrank
Yes--I already have other guitars.

I want a simple guitar that is to the point. It's not a complicated build, so why is it so hard to find one that won't cost me so much?

Well frankly, I think that has to do with the fact that not a lot of people actually want a limited guitar like that. Of course, there are people like you, so there are guitars you desire as well, but as always with business, they'll have to be more expensive.

What was your budget again?
Quote by HandsomeFrank
$750 and below.

Right.

Well, all I could find you right now would be an Exotic Warlock , but it has a tone knob. Also, no 81 yet.

Edit: Wait no, go with the Kitty and throw an EMG in there.
that warlock looks swEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by no1flyhalf
doesnt the tom delongue strat fit this description?

could be wrong, but...

thats what i was thinkin