Yeah, umm I installed a kill switch on my guitar and the popping sound is starting to annoy me. How to I get rid of it Thanks.
some are better than others, all physical buttons will have a crack or pop due to the voltage snapping to ground (sorry dont know the technical term). I have been looking as well... i've wondered if there would be a way to use a resitor or capacitor to keep the spike from happening
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
There's this one guy selling me a $50 kill switch that he claims to have no popping noises. ****, I'm not gonna pay $50 for a kill switch.
the first kill switch i installed had popping. It was a single pole single throw. The wiring was from the volume pot (the guitar had a single volume pot), then to the tip or hot output. When i pushed the kill switch it made a popping sound. I think the popping was due to me not grounding it? I recently rewired it, it is now from the tip or hot output to the ground on the output jack. It is the same kill switch from the earlier wiring and it has no popping now.
this guy explains it better
No, tincho. It's much easier than that. You don't have to cut anything. All you're actually doing is adding a path for the signal to be shorted out, when the kill switch is pressed.

this is the wiring that stopped the popping sound
Quote by GeneAlex
Hi, I have installed a momentary off switch, like this:
The problem is that I hear sound when I press the button. Though, I want to keep this as it is, but I want to install a 2-way switch so at the position 1 I hear sound without pressing the button, and at the position 2 I use the button.
Any ideas on the diagram?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by friedchicken
There's this one guy selling me a $50 kill switch that he claims to have no popping noises. ****, I'm not gonna pay $50 for a kill switch.

hell no, I bought my switch for $2.50 and the popping isn't even that bad...there is no way I'd pay $50.
I like the diagram. Well what I did was this: I just put the killswitch in between the wires going from the volume pot and output jack. Presto! I have a really noisy killswitch!
yeah i'm sure theres worse ways to wire it than others..

I say just clean up the connections and make sure its not old and busted. I only hear the pop at low volumes... so i just turn it up
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
just put a ressister in between the two prongs on the switch
it worked for me
i say just leave it.at first mine had popping but after a month or 2 two of using it, the pop will go away. it went away with mine, at least.
When you cheap out on the switch, you get popping.

For $4 you can get a SPDT switch, which instead of interrupting the current, will allow you to shunt the current to ground. Same outcome is achieved, just you don't get the pop. There are plenty of diagrams for this in the Ultimate Killswitch Thread.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by RiZzBoTt
mrdrmegna
What kind of resistor did you use, and how did you wire it in? Thanks 

See the New Ultimate Killswitch Thread for everything you need to know.
Welocme to UG. Reviving a 9 year old thread like you have just done is sometimes frowned upon.  mrdrmegna hasn't signed in for the last six years or so. Better to just start a new thread with your question.
My understanding is the popping occurs when the signal is cut above or below dead middle of the frequency spectrum, if those terms are correct. So to be expecting almost always. Resistors work for me as well