How does a guitar being set up benefit your guitar? And what exactly does it do? Im considering getting my SG set up because i didnt when i got mine at guitar center, and you know what they do at guitar centers...
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
They gave mine fret buzz. I told the guy, lower the strings as low as they go BEFORE fret buzz. Fawk. Oh well..
well it does alot if it needs to be set up, read online and learn how to set it up your self, its actually pretty easy, dont pay some guy an arm and a leg just do it....
Quote by Caseyizzle
well it does alot if it needs to be set up, read online and learn how to set it up your self, its actually pretty easy, dont pay some guy an arm and a leg just do it....

...unless it's some rediculous old luthier-guru who can make a 60 year old Russian accoustic play like the bee's knee's.

Then you can pay him an arm and a leg.
Well I just set up my SG last night and i gotta say it plays loads better now. I lowered the action and fixed the intotation so now its way easier to do hammer on's and pull off's, which also means easier clearer tapping. Thanks for the advice to look how online
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

Quote by ineedrock1204
Well I just set up my SG last night and i gotta say it plays loads better now. I lowered the action and fixed the intotation so now its way easier to do hammer on's and pull off's, which also means easier clearer tapping. Thanks for the advice to look how online

Where did you look?
I looked on youtube...great vids.
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

They fix the intonation, action, and bridge. but thats the guy i go to i really never go to Guitar Center.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
just set it up yourself, it's not that hard.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!