Well, I own and Ibanez RG 1570 Prestige. It came with the Edge 3 floating tremelo, and I have been struggling with it ever since I've owned it. It's not that I'm frustrated about it, because I knew that buying a Floyd Rose equipped guitar would certainly be a learning experience, and I've learned to fix most of the problems that I had when I first got the guitar. This question has to do with a tremolo being lopsided. I'm not talking about it sinking into the body or raising up too high, due to the springs being too tight; I'm talking about one side of it near the low E raising higher than the side with the high E. Now, I have loosened the pressure points on the side of the high E string so it would balance with the other side, but I'm sort of afraid of the tremolo coming undone or something. Would it be better for me to tighten the other side? I just want want somebody explain this to me without being flamed, lol.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
pressure points? if you are somehow talking about the trem springs, that wont do anything to fix that.

you will need to straighten the trem by changing the height of the trem post using an allen wrench. There might be a set screw within the trem post that you'll need to loosen in order to do this. most likely you will need to also need to change your spring tension somewhat after doing this in order to re-balance your trem.

EDIT: i see that you were actually talking about the trem posts now . dont worry about them coming out unless you have the tremolo set extremely high, which would mean your action would be uncomfortably high to play anyways. they go into the body pretty far, and actually screw into a threaded metal insert which is secured to the body.
Last edited by frig at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by frig
pressure points? if you are somehow talking about the trem springs, that wont do anything to fix that.

you will need to straighten the trem by changing the height of the trem post using an allen wrench. There might be a set screw within the trem post that you'll need to loosed in order to do this. most likely you will need to also need to change your spring tension somewhat after doing this in order to re-balance your trem.

Okay, thanks man.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
No it didn't, it came with the Edge PRO - big, big difference...the edge pro is very good, the edge 3 is garbage!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com