ok so i have a mexican strat, and i noticed that the high e string would buzz out(?) whenever i gave it a full bend at the 15th fret. sorry i dunno what its called, buzz out or not, but the more i bend the string, the worse it would buzz until it gets completely muted. anyways, i just tried to lower the action by lowering the saddles, and now the same thing happens on all the frets past the 12th on the high e string.....and maybe the b string, i cant remember. anyways, what i think is going on is that as i bend, the string hits a fret higher fret and buzzes out. is there a fix for this? would it require some tweaking with the truss rod? id rather fix it myself for my own edification, and since im a poor college student. but any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.
You were fixing it, but you were turning the screws the wrong way; you need to raise the saddle.
yes, but my original intention was just to lower the action, with no thoughts about the fret buzzing.....that didnt even cross my mind. but after lowering it, i realized what was going on. so i guess i wanna get rid of the buzz while having my action lower than it was.
Quote by wezley
yes, but my original intention was just to lower the action, with no thoughts about the fret buzzing.....that didnt even cross my mind. but after lowering it, i realized what was going on. so i guess i wanna get rid of the buzz while having my action lower than it was.

That would be rather difficult. Fret buzz and low action are in a constant tug of war, and it's usually the buzz that takes home the cake...