The only one I know of is the Total Guitar metal special, complete with metal chop builder. Not sure if you can still get it though.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Probably.

Honestly, though, Total Guitar is more 'metal' than a lot of other mags, like Guitarist, Guitar Techniques, and the American mags like Guitar1 (now defunct) and Guitar World. So, stick with TG until something better comes along.
Quote by Blackvelvet
So is there a magazine similar to Guitar World and Total Guitar which is dedicated to metal guitar techniques?
Like Metal Hammer and Total Guitar's bastard child?
Or do i have to make do with the small metal snipets from those magazines?

That would be one of the greatest magazines created; that would be an unholy spawn of unholy parents.

I'd adore a mag like that, with some great guitar sections, but also with the reviews and features of Hammer.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
There was a thread about this a while ago.. Execution magazine, is that it? Its coming out soon.

http://www.executionmagazine.com/

Dont bother with Total Guitar or Metal Hammer, what a load of shite, both of them.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
There was a thread about this a while ago.. Execution magazine, is that it? Its coming out soon.

Dont bother with Total Guitar or Metal Hammer, what a load of shite, both of them.

Yep, it's just not in print yet, but this is basically what the TS is looking for.

When they get 10,000 subscriptions (which are free for the first people), they'll go into print.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Stranglehold

too bad it's only for the people in the U.S.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Danno13
Stumble'd.

Now they'll get more traffic.

Good idea.

"I like it!" established.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Kepulix
too bad it's only for the people in the U.S.

Hopefully when they get set up they will post overseas.. Terrorizer ship globally I think, I hope this will as well.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
guitar world and total guitar seem pretty metal focussed a lot of the time imo
Top lel.
Quote by Magero
This along with a PROPER metal version of guitar hero.
These are what the world needs.
NAO

You speak the truth.
Quote by Blackvelvet
Like Metal Hammer and Total Guitar's bastard child?

That would be a steaming pile of turd. The combination that would be better would be something like Terrorizer and Guitar Techniques (complete with Guthrie Govan or his metal counterpart).
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.