hey im mainly a guitarist but im thinking about getting a bass any reccomendations?
The Epiphone Thunderbird goes about about $300, I think. Seems like a nice sturdy bass. I would also look at the Ibanez basses. I own a GSR205, and it's pretty good (minus the neck-dive).
Quote by dude-1
The Epiphone Thunderbird goes about about $300, I think. Seems like a nice sturdy bass.

Man, you must be new around these parts. Near enough everyone in this forum hates the thunderbird (including myself), and for very good reason (in particular its hellish neck heaviness, muddy pathetic tone and the terrible upper fret access. In fact, the only good part about the t-bird is the looks, which aren't even that much use anyway- a bass is an instrument, not an ornament

EDIT: please use the FAQs threadstarter!
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by dude-1
The Epiphone Thunderbird goes about about $300, I think. Seems like a nice sturdy bass. I would also look at the Ibanez basses. I own a GSR205, and it's pretty good (minus the neck-dive).

I really hope you stick around. From the little exchange you and Fitz had in the other thread, and from this post, I can tell that you two are going to get along just great.

Also, TS, don't get an Epiphone bass. Ever. Other than that, as has been said, FAQs.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Most Squier basses play extremely nice and are low priced. Epiphone Thunderbirds have a great deep sound and are good for hard rock and metal. Ibanez makes a some lower end basses that are nice too.