Since February, I've been thinking of getting a Fender strat.

So then try the deluxe and the standard, and to me, the deluxe was better.

I decided to get the guitar after my schools apps came thru. ( last month)

but i didn't have to time to make the final decision.

so i procrastinated.

And now, i realized that fender upgrade the standard Strat, and to me, the new start is way better than the old one.

But I i am concern that a fender might also upgrade the duluxe in the same way after i buy the deluxe.

So, my question is whether Fender will upgrade the deluxe as well in THIS year.

Cheers.

PS:All fenders mentioned above is made in america.
Last edited by chriskhng at Apr 10, 2008,
To be honest, if you get the one you like at the moment, then 'upgrades' don't matter, you will still like the one you have, unless you are misusing the term 'like' for 'want because it has an upgrade'.
I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell you what Fender are going to do next, either.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Don't worry about what Fender will do, and if it will be much better.
Just think about what sounds good to you now, since you can do any upgrade yourself.
Only news i know off is that Fender are introducing a 6 string bass, but ive heard that from friends and they could be wrong, so i say go for what you liked, not what you might like because it has an upgrade.
Yeah but the upgrades are in the finish, and fretboard.

Both of which i don't think i can change.

yeah, i understand that i should get what i like most, but I don't want to get what i like most now. then one month later, they upgrade it, and i like that one even more. would that be messed up?
Well, you can wait one month, see if an upgrade comes out. If not you can wait another month, and it will just be ongoing. I can't tell you what to do, but personally I would get the current model.
cool.

since your the more experienced player. ( i've been playing for 1.25 years)

I'll just get eh current version.

It's all good.

Thanks for all of your help
i am going through exactly the same dilemma at the moment - upgraded standard strat or deluxe? i want to try a few out, only problem is that here in the UK deluxe strats are hard to find, i'm gonna have to travel miles to get one.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Same here, I think I'm going for the Standard, Tele, in my case. Nicer colors too on the Standard. The only thing is that I can't decide between 2 Tone-Sunburst and Natural, both with maple fretboard, of course.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
Same here, I think I'm going for the Standard, Tele, in my case. Nicer colors too on the Standard. The only thing is that I can't decide between 2 Tone-Sunburst and Natural, both with maple fretboard, of course.

^ of course!
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix