do/did the teachers in the music department at your school know nothing about guitar, ours dont.

Please Reply.
Mine do.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
My maths teacher is a guitar god and meh the music department royally sucks
United as One, Divided by Zero
I've always had a good laugh at the music department at mine

One female teacher once infamously said "When I was a little boy"

But on subject, they know their stuff.

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Ours didn't really. I literally had control of the music budget to buy amps and guitars with. Needless to say, I steered them away from the MG, and towards the Cubes.
There's a history teacher at my school with a black beauty (gibson les paul) and an alpine white les paul, and we had an english teacher from hawaii come, but he's left, and he could sing really REALLY well, and he was really good at guitar. Had a 1974 strat. But as far as music teachers go, nothing at all.
Quote by Sylosis
My maths teacher is a guitar god and meh the music department royally sucks

haha thats what i mean

our biology teacher, and ex head teacher could play better than the "Qualified" music teachers

Well, no.

However they were great Pianists, and the main was also a flautist, clarinetist, saxophonist.

And then there was me, guitar, bass and drums. So me and her did stuff. I taught the younger students guitar during my private lessons when she was teaching so that she could get work done.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
The one "main" music teacher at my school has a bass, and I play bass and six-string guitar.

Anyway, during a break in Jazz band (in which I play bass), I pick up the guitar and play some stuff (Hocus Pocus FTW) and then he shouts at me and says "Put that down, you can't play that!"

Not as in, I didn't have permission, but as in, he thought I couldn't actually play it.

Many lulz were had.
Quote by Unforgotten
i thought it was compulsory..and i think its part of their course to know about guitars and how to play them

far from it.
mine do but all the guitar are broken aprt from 1

there is always a huge rush to get it
My school's music department's full of power hungry retards who don't know anything

Teacher:This 6/8 time signature can also be expressed as 2/4

Me: No, it can be expressed at 3/4, 6 is divisible by 3 but 8 isn't giving you the incorrect time signature

Teacher: You can't just divide a time-signature to simplify it!!

Me: Despite the fact that 12/8 can also be expressed as 6/4 or 3/2 or even 24/16...

She went back to "teaching" the class rhythm dictation.

They don't know anything but a bit of piano and singing.

Teacher: The size of drum-sticks don't matter

Me: You get different tone out of different drum sticks

Teacher: No you don't!

Not guitar either

Teacher: The piano is very different from guitar, you see, a guitar goes up in semi-tones while a piano has white and black keys to represent natural notes and semi-tones.

Me: Last time I checked, a piano went up in semi-tones.
Last edited by XianXiuHong at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Ours didn't really. I literally had control of the music budget to buy amps and guitars with. Needless to say, I steered them away from the MG, and towards the Cubes.

Good on you! Guess what we are stuck with?

Yup, the dreaded MGs.
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by aleb
Good on you! Guess what we are stuck with?

Yup, the dreaded MGs.

At least your school music faculty has the brain to buy amps with some distortion.

All of our school amps either have faulty, bad or completely broken distortion or even none at all!
we have a guitar class...all that's in it are stupid freshmen who think they are cool but the point is our music teacher is one of the most knowledgeable musicians i've ever met
wekk
schecter hellraiser c-1 FR custom w/ EMGs 81/85 and EMG-EXG expander
yamaha rbx170 4 string
peavey grind BXP NTB 4 string
jcm2000 dsl 50
1960a cab 4x12
roland micro cube 2w
electro harmonix double muff
zoom g2.1u
all my schools music teachers cud do was play piano and direct musicals/plays
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Mine has a high degree in drums, and plays classical guitar kinda good.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
We only have 2 music teachers in the whole school of about 1500 except one is having a baby leaving... yup 1 music teacher. He's great at what he does and plays piano really well. However the "acting head of music" is actually a science teacher and knows NOTHING. She keeps having meetings of "how can we make this department better?" I'll give you a clue....MORE FUNDING! there is hardly any monet to buy any guitars, amps etc with!!
Dude, what do you expect? For the school to give the whole school Gretsches and Fender Valve amps? Most kids don't even know how to take care of an instrument. If they go cheap, they can buy instruments with a degree of craftsmanship so all the kids have something to bash around on rather than breaking the neck of a MIA strat.
I've almost finished.