I'll be getting a Pod X3 for my birthday in a few months and I'm looking for some professional recording software. Right now I have audacity which has been great but I really want to take recording to the next level. I've seen a lot of X3 videos on youtube and almost all of them say there recording with Cubase. So what I'm asking is there anyway I could get it for free and which version is the standard?
illegally, with torrents or warez or P2P. Some people use SX3, some people use SX4. SX4 is newer but a lot of people hate the new interface. Also try adobe soundbooth and propellerhead reason
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by Danno13
What's wrong with Audacity?

+1

It would be easier to recommend something if you wrote what it is that you don't like about Audacity, there's no such thing as a "next level".
Quote by Danno13
What's wrong with Audacity?

Audacity is inferior to Cubase in almost every way. Cubase SX3 will have a better sound on it recorded without any post EQ or anything than Audacity will and it also has MUCH more options in terms of post EQ, effects, etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Audacity is inferior to Cubase in almost every way. Cubase SX3 will have a better sound on it recorded without any post EQ or anything than Audacity will and it also has MUCH more options in terms of post EQ, effects, etc.

Hi, you're funny.

There are many reasons why you would choose Cubase over Audacity, but sound quality is not one of them. Also, you can run most of the same plugins in Audacity as you can in Cubase (and then some).
Quote by Osiris77
I thought Cubase would give me better sound quailty than Audacity?

No. Both can record at 96 kHz 24-bit (and 32-bit floating point), if your sound card supports it.
Last edited by whoismilan at Apr 11, 2008,
For drum tracks, I use Rhythm Rascal. I just use the demo version because I mostly make MIDIs with them, and the WAV output has little clicks every so often. Registering (I think it's $30 or so, it's relatively cheap) gets rid of the clicks if you need WAVs.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by whoismilan
Hi, you're funny.

There are many reasons why you would choose Cubase over Audacity, but sound quality is not one of them. Also, you can run most of the same plugins in Audacity as you can in Cubase (and then some).

Have you ever recorded a track on Audacity then on Cubase with the exact same mic positioning, etc just a different software? There IS a difference in sound quality between the two when recorded. Audacity might be able to match the quality with some post-EQ but a lot of people who are just using it for home recording won't even bother.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Osiris77
Are there any programs that I can make a drum track with?

What kind of stuff where you looking into doing with it? Rhythm Rascal as was mentioned earlier is really good if you want to make a simple drum track to play along with. I'd recommend Hydrogen if you want something more advanced.
I downloaded hydrogen but I really have no idea how to use it at all if you could help me out a little that would be great.....
Check out the manual on the Hydrogen website, it'll guide you through what you need to know to start making drum patterns.