Now I know a few scales, what are the best ways to adapt them to improvisation?

I mean, take the major pentatonic scale for example, in the key of A. Would I just play any note in this scale to improvise or what?

Let me know (:
The best way is to start working over drones.

If you have an archaic mic to record on Sound Recorder, just play a G chord for ten minutes.

..yes, I know, boring...

But then play it back and just experiment over that G.

Play G minor pent. G Major pent. G Major, G Harmonic Minor, G# Major, Gb Major...

Work Eddie Van Halen tapping up the Open G string...

Just work it, work it, work it over that G.

Then when you feel tapped out of possibilities, record a two-chord thing. G - D - G - D...

Repeat the process.

Then when you feel bored, record a blues progression:

G7 x 4
D7 X 4
E7, D7, G7, E7

And work your Pentatonic.

...etc.

The only way to learn is to do it. Start simple and work your way up. This was my favorite part of learning the guitar, actually. It's a lot of fun.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Yeah. I'm gonna try and give my best tips on improvising to scales: You need to start on a good sounding note in the scale, do some stuff in the middle, and end on a good sounding note. lol. But try to make the stuff in the middle sound good anyway XD
Quote by Demonology
Yeah. I'm gonna try and give my best tips on improvising to scales:You need to start on a good sounding note in the scale, do some stuff in the middle, and end on a good sounding note. lol. But try to make the stuff in the middle sound good anyway XD

Best advice ever!
Your lead should move. It should have direction.

What you do in the middle is up to you, but you should start and end on the right note.

Learning to tease the listener by almost hitting the ending note, but not quite, or hanging on to a sour one for a bit, then bashing them in the head with something else...

That's improvisation.

It's like really violent sex.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Then when you feel bored, record a blues progression:

G7 x 4
D7 X 4
E7, D7, G7, E7

And work your Pentatonic.

Interesting 12 Bar there.
should be
G7 X 4