im trying to learn, great balls of fire, by the misfits, and im nearly finished learning the chorus, and then i come across a 7 a 5 and a 7 and all with slashes next to them like this, 7/, but the slash is facing the other way, so what does that mean, and how do i do it?

thnkz in advance
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
different slashes mean different direction of slide, you dont have to travel the length possible, just whatever sounds right

EDIT, and if they are between numbers, you slide between those frets, if you dont know what a slide is take it to the begineers forum
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Last edited by Snapple at Apr 10, 2008,
ye, but the number are on top of each other and they all hav slashes so what do i do then?
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
just slide the way the slash is pointing.
also it would help if you just experimented with it while listening to the song, ya know, trying to figure it out. you should be able to figure it out, just listen to the song.

EDIT: wait, do you mean something like this:
|--7/--|
|--5\--|
|--7/--|
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Apr 10, 2008,
So is it like

e|--------|
B|--------|
G|---7\---|
D|---7\---|
A|---5\---|
E|--------|

If that's the case, hit the powerchord, and then slide down in the direction of the first fret at whatever speed and length you feel sounds most accurate.
D:
Signature.
Like this?

|-------
|-------
|-------
|-------
|-7/5\7-
|-------

That would just mean slide from 7 to 5 and then back to 7.
If it's like TheBax has posted I have no clue.
Link us to the tab you're using.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
Like this?

|-------
|-------
|-------
|-------
|-7/5\7-
|-------

That would just mean slide from 7 to 5 and then back to 7.
If it's like TheBax has posted I have no clue.
Link us to the tab you're using.

How to you slide up to 5 from 7?
It doesn't matter what direction the slashes are drawn in, just follow the numbers and it's kind of obvious what way you have to slide.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic