We have organised a battle of the bands and there are 12 bands lined up to play 2 originals and a cover each, is that too long?
Work on 10 minutes a set, thats two hours of playing time. Would depend on how quick each band could set up between each act really.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Personally yes. Each band is going to spend more time setting up than actually playign 3 songs.

I'd aim for 6 bands and more songs. Perhaps try it over the period of 2 days?
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Do soundcheck for all of the bands about an hour before the show starts, and split the show into 2 halfs, with a 15 minute intermission.
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
Personally yes. Each band is going to spend more time setting up than actually playign 3 songs.

I'd aim for 6 bands and more songs. Perhaps try it over the period of 2 days?

That's a good idea. You should also give the audience a break between the first and last three bands, so they don't get bored.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
How much time have you been given?

I think 12 bands with two songs will probably be a bit on the long side. It will take at least three hours.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
If you want to do that, depending on where you're playing, you could have two stages. A band plays on one while another band sets up on the other. Then you switch. It would take about 2.5 hours that way, if everything went smoothly.
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa